Metroplex
Sponsored by

F&R Bourbon

6,361 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by powerbelly
ENG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
two days before they release their first batch of bourbon.

Will it be impossible to get my hands on a bottle?
pimplepopper
AG
Just realized that their distillery is half a mile from my office. I might have to stop by there after work and pick some up if they sell it on site.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
riverrataggie
AG
Not when you know a guy who helped get them started.
Ed Harley
AG
riverrataggie said:

Knowing a guy who knows a guy is straight baller.
Hincemm
AG
where's a good ag that wants to pick me up a bottle?
proc
AG
Interesting news. Will attempt.
Tree Hugger
AG
It officially goes on sale at the distillery on Saturday the 10th at noon.
J.P. 03
AG
Star-Telegram article makes it sound like you can just grab some off store shelves next week:

Quote:

TX Bourbon, the younger, but more mature brother to the wildly popular TX Whiskey blend, will finally be available to the public Saturday, when bottles will be sold at the distillery at 901 W. Vickery Blvd., from noon to 4 p.m. There's already talk of people camping out in the cold to get their hands on the first bottles, which will sell for about $50.

But never fear, TX Bourbon will arrive at Fort Worth liquor stores, retailers and some restaurant/bars early next week.

http://www.star-telegram.com/living/food-drink/article119763318.html
Absolute
AG
TX Whiskey is pretty widely available at this point (around DFW anyway.) Cant imagine they won't do the same with their bourbon. Took their tour a few years ago and have been looking forward to trying the bourbon.
ww
AG
Anybody had luck finding it in the liquor stores? The Spec's by my place doesn't have it and not sure when/if they will. I posted on the ***Bourbon*** thread, but got passed over without a response.
Absolute
AG
Haven't Looked yet. Was planning to go by the Total Wine in Plano tomorrow to stock up on wine for Christmas and see if they had it.
20ag07
Good luck. Specs told me they sold out in 7 minutes. Another guy said he had a waiting list a mile long. Supposedly there were cork issues, and it may be more available next week.
ENG
Nomad
AG
Their bourbon might be widely available (it hasn't been so far), but they don't make the TX whiskey- so that's a completely different animal.

TX whiskey is just a blend of 3 Kentucky whiskeys

I've been to about 7 liquor stores. All received a case of 12 and sold out instantly.
boogieman
AG
Lady at Specs said they won't get any more until March. (Not sure how much bullsheeeeeeeet that is)

Plano Total Wine said it was on the manifest of the shipment they received yesterday, but not actually on the truck. (WTF?)
Absolute
AG
Can confirm the total wine on 75 in Plano did not have any. Got the impression there may be a waiting list.

Guess I'll try some when I find it by chance.
Tree Hugger
AG
Is it still available at the distillery? Or do we have to wait until they pop a few more barrels?
PuryearAg98
AG
Nomad said:

Their bourbon might be widely available (it hasn't been so far), but they don't make the TX whiskey- so that's a completely different animal.

TX whiskey is just a blend of 3 Kentucky whiskeys

I've been to about 7 liquor stores. All received a case of 12 and sold out instantly.
Well whatever those 3 whiskey's are, they are GOOD! Love that stuff
Nomad
AG
Yep

Very drinkable
riverrataggie
AG
Ed Harley said:

riverrataggie said:

Knowing a guy who knows a guy is straight baller.

Unless it's the actual guy.
ww
AG
Any F&R Bourbon sightings? I still haven't seen it out, but wonder if any is still available directly at the distillery.
proc
AG
Fail on my part. I keep hearing March.
ftworthag02
AG
Went to kings liquor (fw) today and they obviously don't have any. Talked to the manager and he said he tried it and when asked if it was any good he said "it's ok". Doesn't understand the infatuation. Will stick w/ Kentucky bourbon
FTAco07
AG
I had some of the new TX Bourbon Tuesday night at Blind Butcher in Dallas. I'm far from a connoisseur, but thought it had good albeit not overly complex flavor. It wasn't near as "hot" as some of the high proof bourbons I enjoy so it would probably be a good crowd pleasing drink.
20ag07
Snagged the last bottle at Total Wine today. Spec's online stock shows available, but in store they claim it's nowhere it town. Not sure if it's just stashed in the back for special people, or what.
Absolute
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Went to kings liquor (fw) today and they obviously don't have any. Talked to the manager and he said he tried it and when asked if it was any good he said "it's ok". Doesn't understand the infatuation. Will stick w/ Kentucky bourbon

Not really infatuation. I understand what the TX blend is, and I like it (drinking it right now). Have also toured their facility, which was fun. Mainly want to try it for those reasons. No particular expectations.

Figure it will become more widely available with time. I can wait.
Absolute
AG
I don't see anyway that the average kid can pay for the ridiculous tuition cost of today with the jobs that are available to them. Part of the reason that the tuition bubble eeds to bust next.
20ag07
You must not be on your first drink today.
Hincemm
AG
Absolute said:

I don't see anyway that the average kid can pay for the ridiculous tuition cost of today with the jobs that are available to them. Part of the reason that the tuition bubble eeds to bust next.

Bourbon FTW!!!
Absolute
AG
In my defense, I was not drunk on any bourbon at the time of this post. Simply posted a response to the wrong thread somehow..

Wonder how the college tuition group will respond to my thoughts on the TX bourbon......
Agnzona
Any Bourbon sightings?
AgBQ-00
AG
Stopped by specs at 170 and 377. They said they hoped to get some in February
ww
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Stopped by specs at 170 and 377. They said they hoped to get some in February
Nice, that's the Spec's I go to, as well. I'll keep a look out and report back, if so. When I called them in December after it was first released, the guy I talked to seemed pretty clueless on when they would get any in stock.
Ol Jock 99
AG

You talking to me? Got it at Goody Goody about a week ago.
ftworthag02
AG
Have you tried it? Thoughts?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.