Metroplex
Sponsored by

Anyone had their kitchen cabinets redone?

1,052 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Yesterday
aezmvp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wondering cost and recommendations for a small to medium sized kitchen to have uppers and lowers painted. East Dallas / Mesquite area. I'm doing a ton of stuff to the house myself but I'd probably rather have someone either paint or restain the kitchen cabinets. They're builder grade and I'd rather not screw up or deal with a lengthy time doing it at night.

Thanks y'all.
IFeelLikeLarryDavid
I just finished a multi room remodel in Rockwall. First and foremost, I had a very difficult time finding someone to do the work. Multiple appointments made, no shows, no calls, etc.

Part of the kitchen scope was to paint and glaze the cabinets. My guy spent about three days sanding everything then oil primed, painted and glazed. I think he said that portion was worth about $4,500, but I didn't have him break it out from the other kitchen items.

The guy I used had his own labor and subbed out very little of the work. I'm not sure how his price would compare to a local painter. I can send you some pictures and quantities if you think it will help.
Yesterday
AG
Guy we used cost $1200 to paint our cabinets. He painted the cabinets, redid our backsplash, took out an old light fixture and installed two hanging lights, painted the entire kitchen walls including some that extended into the living room for about $3300.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.