Metroplex
Sponsored by

Large Dog Breeders

1,515 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ol Army 01
FWAppraiser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know of any reputable dog breeders in the Metroplex? My family and I are looking for a large breed (preferably Great Dane or Rottweiler). I've done some searching, but hard to tell who's legit online sometime. We'd like a puppy ready to go home soon, if possible. And yes, I know adoption is the more compassionate route, but we've adopted a small one in the past and want to be careful with a large breed.

TIA
Mollie03
AG
I got my breeder referral from the DFW Labrador Club. I would look for Dallas/Texas Great Dane or Rottweiler Clubs. The members are usually people who are really into showing or other breed specific activities. They breed to confirmation, do all the health checks beforehand, etc.
riverrataggie
AG
Go adoption route on Great Dane rescue. We did this number of years ago and he's a great dog. Will do again and thinking about being foster parents.
permabull
AG
riverrataggie
AG
hypeiv said:

I tried going adopting route but I got sick and tired of filling out multi page applications with tons of personal information just to be denied without reason. The breeders I have talked to have been much more friendly.

I didn't get that at all for Great Dane rescue of north Texas. Thinking i filled out a single form, they came over and we spoke, then they brought a couple pups the next weekend.

It was easier then picking up a prescription from the pharmacy.
FWAppraiser
AG
Thanks everyone. I was able to find a breeder, and we've talked a couple of times. Going to meet with them and see the parents/puppies this week.
permabull
AG
coppag92
AG
Friend had a Rottweiler that was such a cool dog. Loved playing with it. Good luck and hope you find something.
The Pilot
AG
Dfw rescue me has a 10 month Great Dane pup that's already 150 lbs looking for a home.

search for Caesar the Dane within the Facebook page, can't find a direct link.

Facebook Page

Ol Army 01
AG
The Pilot said:

Dfw rescue me has a 10 month Great Dane pup that's already 150 lbs looking for a home.
Gotta back the pilot on this; DFW has great breed and non-breed specific rescues.

This one is founded and run by an Aggie!

http://dallaspetsalive.org/Dallas Pets Alive
Post removed:
by user
Ol Army 01
AG
Jake is correct and Guess who has puppies.....

Dallas Pets Alive!

Happy Tails
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.