Metroplex
Sponsored by

Looks like Game Watch Bar is still Eberhard

22,584 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JCPeinado09
TexasAggie008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.dallasaggies.org/html/calendar.asp?month=9&year=2016

What a freaking joke....
aggielostinETX
sanitariex
AG
"Unofficial" watch party: Stans.
TexasAggie008
AG
Current leadership is in bed with Eberhard...every damn event possible is held there. Until that changes, I'm not giving the club a dime, and will discourage anyone I know from going to ******realhard (a vacant club by day) to watch games.

The fact that they find Concrete Cowboy and Clutch to be the other acceptable options tells you all you need to know.
PrincessButtercup
AG
That's where I'll be going, I'm sure. Very fun, laid back atmosphere.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
Current leadership is in bed with Eberhard...every damn event possible is held there. Until that changes, I'm not giving the club a dime, and will discourage anyone I know from going to ******realhard (a vacant club by day) to watch games.

The fact that they find Concrete Cowboy and Clutch to be the other acceptable options tells you all you need to know.
LHIOB
AG
Start your own party
DallasAggie0
Anyone know if they'll be selling v neck a&m shirts on gameday?
mavsfan4ever
AG
How much is bottle service for the games? Is there a VIP section?
Aries
I love these threads.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Will be attending 8 out of 12 games in person and don't live in Dallas. Just posting to watch the fun.
Quinn
AG
quote:

I'm pretty sure that Concrete Cowboy closed
Pignorant
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm pretty sure that Concrete Cowboy closed
Concrete is still open.
TexasAggie008
AG
But but having our game watch at an empty club is better than having it in a fun traditional football watching bar shared with other college football fans

mavsfan4ever
AG
An empty club gives us more space to get our dance on and grind on chicks during the 4th quarter once we get tired of watching the game.
walton91
quote:
But but having our game watch at an empty club is better than having it in a fun traditional football watching bar shared with other college football fans
What would the "traditional football watching bar" be (not counting Stan's)? Every year I go through this dilemma, trying to find a suitable game watching place, where we may actually have game audio, and inside 635. I like Stan's but that place gets insanely packed. Lakewood 1st and 10 is good, but have not seen too many other Aggies there.
Unc07
AG
I don't get why they don't find a packed bar that everybody in Dallas loves and just tell them to make it the Aggie watching spot.
Pro Ag
AG
There has been so much hand wringing about the Dallas watch parties I almost want to go to one.
Alan Pavio
Gil Renard
AG
Musers-Chris Chris https://audioboom.com/boos/4946069-musers-chris-chris.mp3?source=rss&stitched=1

Chris Hawkins approved
TexasAggie008
AG
quote:
Musers-Chris Chris https://audioboom.com/boos/4946069-musers-chris-chris.mp3?source=rss&stitched=1

Chris Hawkins approved
Hm..Is the President of the club's first name "Chris"?
TexasAggie008
AG
quote:
quote:
What would the "traditional football watching bar" be (not counting Stan's)? Every year I go through this dilemma, trying to find a suitable game watching place, where we may actually have game audio, and inside 635. I like Stan's but that place gets insanely packed. Lakewood 1st and 10 is good, but have not seen too many other Aggies there.
Any of the following would be acceptable, and easy to make happen-

Bryan St Tavern
Three Sheets
Little Woodrows (they have these all over Houston and SA, and one is just about to open on Ross...uncliamed territory I bet)
Capitol Pub
Skellig
Henderson Tap House
Renfields (back room has big TV screen)
Social House (SEC happy hours held here sometimes)
Quarter Bar upstairs
Nickle and Rye
Blackfriar or Idle Rich - not sure of TV situation but could prob make it work
Fat Rabbit (borderline at night but not the same laughing stock that concrete and eberhard are)

There are probably 8-10 more I could name....many of these aren't "sports bars", but they are at least normal bars that are not clubs that no one sets foot in before 9pm.
MattAg06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Any of the following would be acceptable, and easy to make happen-

Bryan St Tavern
Three Sheets
Little Woodrows (they have these all over Houston and SA, and one is just about to open on Ross...uncliamed territory I bet)
Capitol Pub
Skellig
Henderson Tap House
Renfields (back room has big TV screen)
Social House (SEC happy hours held here sometimes)
Quarter Bar upstairs
Nickle and Rye
Blackfriar or Idle Rich - not sure of TV situation but could prob make it work
Fat Rabbit (borderline at night but not the same laughing stock that concrete and eberhard are)

There are probably 8-10 more I could name....many of these aren't "sports bars", but they are at least normal bars that are not clubs that no one sets foot in before 9pm.

You seem to have given this quite a bit of thought....
mavsfan4ever
AG
Stan's
Frankie's
Christie's
BBC
Knox street pub
Chicago taphouse
Henderson taphouse
Mickinney avenue tavern
somewhere in deep ellum
Barley house
Ozonas
Timeout sport bar (the ****ty sports bar on Greenville but at least it's a sports bar)

Those are some sports bar type places. Some have game watching parties of other schools though. Obviously some wouldn't be ideal but just throwing names out there.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Even Trinity hall would be good if they don't have soccer playing on Saturday afternoon/nights. But I'm guessing they may have soccer conflicts.
Naveronski
AG
Never been to the place in the OP. What's the deal with it?

I'm guess it's a bro club or something?
powerbelly
AG
If a spray tan and a deep v are your thing, then you will fit right in at Eberhard
MattAg06
AG
Honestly didn't realize game watching parties were such a big deal. Wife and I usually just watch with a few friends....easy to filter out the riff raff that way.
Post removed:
by user
mhayden
Then you're missing out on a lot of fun -- past good game watching parties have been a blast. A lot of us stopped going though as some of the locations were so poorly chosen and/or you'd get to the place and there'd be no seating set aside for the group and the audio wouldn't be on.

A whole lot of well-to-do Aggies in the Metroplex, hard for me to believe you can't go to a few of these bar managers and tell them they'll be getting food orders, drink orders, and tips from 30+ college graduates (with decent jobs) over a 3 hour span and they'd say they can't guarantee seating.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Stan's was great for the 2013 Bama game. Got to see a pretty great fight (actually just a sucker punch knockout) with some great drama afterwards.
Corps_Ag12
AG
This and the Tarrant County A&M Club watching party is at Grease Monkey in Arlington (which is damn near in Dallas County).

Any other Ft Worth people want to come up with our unofficial game watching spot? I'm not driving to Arlington, much less Dallas.

My suggestions:

Frankie's downtown
T&P Tavern
Somewhere on 7th Street
YourFavAggie
AG
I'll be checking out a few games there. Let the fun begin!
Streetfighter 02
AG
I was thinking of trying to set something up at lots vaqueros stockyards in the bar area. I usually watch at home. Alone. In the dark. Where no one can see me cry.
Aries
We would be interested in something.

Hell even Railhead could be fun, I guess.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.