Metroplex
Sponsored by

North Dallas Country Clubs

4,302 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CPrice13
Legend
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there any source for info on country clubs besides the annual Avid Golfer write up? I'm trying to get info on Royal Oaks, Bent Tree, Northwood and Gleneagles. I don't want to go any further north than Gleneagles, or I'd check out Stonebriar.

Thoughts on these places? I know Northwood and Royal Oaks are pricier than Bent Tree and Gleneagles.

Been to Royal Oaks the most recently, have not been to Bent Tree or Northwood in awhile.
drewser95
AG
I know absolutely nothing about the quality of its golf course, but Canyon Creek CC might be worth looking into.
Cool_Hand
AG
We're at Bent Tree and love it.

The course is great but the 19th hole is the best in the area; wonderful comradere and there are numerous Aggies which is always a plus in the fall.

If you're seriously considering it let me know and I'll host you for a round.
powerbelly
AG
Grew up at Royal Oaks. It is my favorite course of the Dallas clubs I have played. Also have a good youth tennis and golf program.
AgLaw
AG
We used to be members at Canyon Creek. It was very inexpensive, as they were struggling to find new members. The course is short and not much of a challenge. It was good for our young kids, but if you're a golfer, it will not be fun. The bar/restaurant are below par.

We're currently members at Gleneagles. Though not golf members (don't have time to play enough to justify the cost), I have played both courses, and they are great. The food and social life are fantastic. Very kid-friendly, with lots of young families.
AggieFactor
AG
If you are willing to drive north to Glen Eagles, ever thought about just hopping on 635 and heading east to Dallas Athletic Club. My parents are members out there but have also been to CC's like Lakewood and Royal Oaks while on golf teams and have worked at Bent Tree and got to say, for the price you can't beat the golf or tennis facilities at DAC. And given the amount of kids I see at the pool area in the summer, I would say the family atmosphere is doing pretty good there as well.
rgarza35
AG
Join the least expensive or most convenient Club Corp owned country club. Then upgrade to the One Program. This allows you access to all Club Corp country clubs, golf, tennis, racquetball, swimming, dining, etc. 50% off on food and non alcoholic beverages at your home club.

http://www.clubcorp.com/Membership/Innovative-Membership

If you play a lot of golf for business, it is a great deal. Getting tee times at non home courses on short notice can be tough.

We are members at Brookhaven. Demographic change is under way, they are hungry for younger members.

gigemags87
AG
We enjoy Gleneagles and its staff and facilities. My wife plays tennis there and it's a strong program.
turfaggie24
AG
Northwood is about to do a full renovation on its golf course, Royal Oaks finished their's but have had problems with the floods. Went and watched the Texas Amateur at Bent Tree and the course was in great shape. It all depends what your highest priority of the membership is.
752bro4
AG
CPrice13
AG
Cool_Hand if you're still at Bent Tree, I'd enjoy getting to meet you. My wife and I are thinking about joining out there and I'd like to hear your thoughts on the club.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.