Metroplex
Sponsored by

Building a Barndominium in Granbury

10,306 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Objective Aggie
ncstephens786
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy! My husband and I are in the beginning stages of building a barndominium in Granbuy. The building will be all steel. Looking for recommendations on companies and contractors to use. For the steel we are thinking about using Mueller. We have one recommendation on a contractor.

Anyone have experience with building a barndominium or suggestions on companies to use?

Thanks!
Smart Dude
A what?
OneGood2011Ag
AG
I had to Google this...
EllisCoAg
AG
quote:
A non-traditional structure, the barndominium is a steel frame and sheet metal building, originally designed as a storage building or barn structure that has been repurposed by the addition of living areas to previously open space. This type of building is typically built on an existing property or multi-acre homesite and the structure often acts as a dual purpose living and shop or workspace areas.[2]

These homes offer features not usually found on typical homes including oversized roll-up doors and single enclosed areas large enough to hold things like boats and recreational vehicles

ncstephens786
Yes, it's a steel barn type building. Our will be 60x40 with half sectioned off and finished out into a two story house. The other half with be a barn for storage of tracker, boat, and/or other man toys.
RFD
AG
I know several people that have used this guy and been very happy.

http://www.wdmb.com/
chick79
AG
I assume it's cheaper to build one of these than a regular house.......? Interesting concept..........
Lobster Twins
AG

[This message has been edited by Lobster Twins (edited 8/24/2010 11:15a).]
JustinAg97
AG
A friend has one of these that we lovingly call the "Taj Mahal." Four bedrooms, full kitchen/bath, central air. The rest of it holds his tractor and attachments, a couple of F350s, and a craps table someone left behind.
Dallasag02
AG
These things are sweet, would build if I had some land.
TdoubleH
AG
this type will actually be my first home. I will be purchasing land instead of a home here in the city and then build a shop with living quarters. followed by my custom home many years down the road.

I would love to GC the job for you but do not have the time with my current day job. Some recommendations I have are HB Welding, BigD Metal, and maybe Quality Ironworks. But I don't think you can go wrong with Mueller. None of which are equipped for finish out work.
Goose
AG
quote:
A friend has one of these that we lovingly call the "Taj Mahal."

I have a friend with one as well, but we called it the "Garage Mahal".
ncstephens786
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Another question - Anyone know of a good company for the concrete slab? I've been calling around today to get quotes and a lot of the businesses listed in the yellow pages are out of business.

Thanks!
Objective Aggie
AG
http://www.southernliving.com/home-garden/decorating/best-before-after-quonset-hut-00400000043764/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.