Austin
Sponsored by

Best sushi

5,311 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Propane & Accessories
newbie11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow. What a meal. Ate at Soto on Lamar. Omakase for $175/person. I wish I could post a detailed report with pics of all the dishes but I was eating everything as soon as it came out. Every single dish was delicious and different from one another. My personal favorites were the hamachi chili oil, flaming salmon, and tempura lobster.

My gf was very impressed. Hard part now….would I return here or go to uchiko which was my old reliable amazing favorite?

I'd definitely return to Soto. Wish I'd taken more time to peruse the stupidly long menus. So overwhelming imo.
Leander - Ag
AG
Tomo and kome
tlepoC
AG
Did early NYE meal last night at Soto. Kitchen crashed and ended up a 3.5 hour omikase experience. Feel worse for the seatings after us.

After having Soto twice now, not sure I'll be back. I think you can get much better service and food elsewhere for the price. Tomo will be my workhouse. Looking forward to trying the new place toshokan.
Ag_EE_88
AG
We went to Soto in Cedar Park before a Christmas Eve Eve service. They seated us in a room where the heater clearly wasn't working….it felt like it was 40 degrees. Food was good but atmosphere/service definitely left something to be desired.
LihaiAg06
AG
wadd96 said:

Tomodachi on Patmer. Get the bluefin sashimi...and the sashimi bomb.

PS, any restaurant especially the sushi range should never serve that green pasty s*** that they call wasabi. It should be fresh wasabi ground in house.

Wife and I went there on Friday. Got the blue fin sashimi and their sushi bomb. Wow it was unlike any sushi experience I've had. That wasabi on the bomb was incredible. Thanks for the recommendation
wadd96
AG
So glad you liked it. We were there Saturday. Had the Sashimi Bomb and Bluefin. Diller, David ad Ex-Girlfred as well as a special one from Steve. Wonderful as always!
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Throwout
AG
I was actually there yesterday for lunch. Got the Miller, the Sassy Susan and the Triple D (it's off menu but ask for it). It's essentially the on menu Double D but they add fresh wasabi to it. I'm also a big fan of the salmon sashimi with goat cheese on top.
wadd96
AG
Good selectiom! There aren't many things there we don't love! Great place and even better people!
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Propane & Accessories
AG
Miso in Round Rock is fairly good
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.