Austin
Sponsored by

Anniversary Dinner Recs

5,456 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Howdy Dammit
Billy Foster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went to Hestia last night. One of the best meals I've had in a long time. Be ready to spend some $ but it was worth it. Sourdough ice cream (terrible name) was the best dessert I've ever had in a restaurant. Luckily I was outvoted and we ended up getting it.
aggielax11
AG
Eddie Vs, uchi, or J Carvers
Ag_07
AG
Also gonna hit up El Naranjo for brunch before we leave town Sunday.

Thanks everyone again for the great suggestions.
Potcake
AG
Do you have reservations for El Naranjo? If not, you can sit at bar without them.
Ag_07
AG
Ok so just wanted to circle back on this after our quick weekend stay

Central Machine Works - Stopped here as we arrived Saturday afternoon for beers and lunch. Cool wide open space with plenty of room both inside and out. Good beer and drinks and pretty good pizza.

Barley Swine - Excellent dinner. Not only was the food top notch but the service was as well. Dinner lasted about 2 hours and each dish was presented with the wine pairing and explained. Pricey but a great experience all around

Small Victory - Made our way here for cocktails after dinner. Cool little spot with good drinks. Perfect for a low key spot

El Naranjo - Pretty damn good brunch. Everything we had was awesome and we left full. Would love to go back for dinner because the brunch was incredible.
AustinCountyAg
is it wrong to like Jack Allens as much as I do? Been there for both Brunch and Dinner and food has always been great.
wadd96
AG
Solid choice but I wouldn't put it in the "super special occasion" category.Birthdays? Yes. Anniversaries? No.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Tobias Funke
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

is it wrong to like Jack Allens as much as I do? Been there for both Brunch and Dinner and food has always been great.

It's fine but it's basically Chili's for Westlake folks
Potcake
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

We go for HH every couple of months for the catfish. So damn good.
Dr T and the Women
AG
I always think the menu description sounds amazing…then the food is just ok

Jack Allen

Do y'all consider Cracker Barrel for haute cuisine too lol
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tamc93
AG
Looking for a place this weekend, so following
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Froppe
AG
tamc93 said:

Looking for a place this weekend, so following

We went to our favourite, Siena, at the corner of 2222 and Loop 360 a coupla weeks ago. It is still really, really nice, especially for an anniversary dinner. Need a reservation, and tell them it's your anny, so they'll probably tuck you away in a cozier area. Great ambience, service, and food. Nice wine list, too, if you're interested.
jmm
Went to Jeffreys for Valentines Day dinner. We have been eating there for 30 years and it was the worst experience. They have gone insane with their pricing. Dinner for 2, no cocktails, wagyu filets, 1 $150 bottle of wine and 2 desserts. $750 total with tax and tip. + $20 for valet. This was for their fixed price special dinner. It was items on the main menu. No creativity. Talked to management and they refunded bottle of wine. I do not recommend going there. We will never go again.

Went to Sammi's last night. Very good. The caesar salad is great and can be shared. The dinner portions are huge and should be shared. Great service. Highly recommend.
Froppe
AG
jmm said:

Went to Jeffreys for Valentines Day dinner. We have been eating there for 30 years and it was the worst experience. They have gone insane with their pricing. Dinner for 2, no cocktails, wagyu filets, 1 $150 bottle of wine and 2 desserts. $750 total with tax and tip. + $20 for valet. This was for their fixed price special dinner. It was items on the main menu. No creativity. Talked to management and they refunded bottle of wine. I do not recommend going there. We will never go again.

Went to Sammi's last night. Very good. The caesar salad is great and can be shared. The dinner portions are huge and should be shared. Great service. Highly recommend.

We never go out on Valentine's night any more. Biggest ripoff in the Western Hemisphere. We either go a day or two before, or the day after. Order what we want from the menu. No cattle call, squeezed in, rushed to turn the table, over-priced fixed price dinner, etc. Much lower stress level, get a box of custom chocolate truffles from Breed & Co., hang out at the crib, and watch a movie. I'm sorry you had that experience, but it's the new norm in greedy Austin.
cityagboy
AG
Jeffry's is the correct answer
cityagboy
AG
jmm said:

It is expensive but they have the best steaks in the area by a long mile!
tamc93
AG
May need something a little more casual since we are headed to a concert later, but like the suggestions for the future.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
cityagboy
AG
tamc93 said:

May need something a little more casual since we are headed to a concert later, but like the suggestions for the future.

Where is the concert?
tamc93
AG
cityagboy said:

tamc93 said:

Where is the concert?
at Moody at 7:00
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
cityagboy
AG
tamc93 said:

cityagboy said:

tamc93 said:

Where is the concert?
at Moody at 7:00

The new moody center or the moody theater DT?

If it's the new arena…All of these below are just east of 35 and very close

Buenos Aires
Suerte
Salty Sow
Bbq ramen Tatsu-Ya
Launderette
Howdy Dammit
AG
Only seem uchi mention once. Just ate there in Miami. Was the best meal I've had in a long time and I'm not a sushi person.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.