Austin
Sponsored by

New community project planned for south of Austin

1,472 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by stardustag
Red Pear Felipe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2022/04/28/rrea-communities-caldwell-county-purchase.html

Quote:

Initial plans for the neighborhood include between 4,000 and 6,000 single-family homes, according to Kip Sowden, chairman and CEO of RREAF Holdings. That's roughly what the Circle C neighborhood in Southwest Austin offers today.

The developer also plans to include approximately 3,000 multifamily units, as well as 2,500 built-to-rent houses. Sowden said these numbers may change as the development process moves forward.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
stardustag
AG
weird location for the time being. Trying to get the commuters for both Austin and San Antonio? Boy that would be a miserable commute daily.
512Ag
AG
People want to live in the area, but it's so dang expensive relatively near downtown now. I fully expect 130 to fill in much like 99 has around Houston. For better or worse, the dominoes are starting to fall south of Austin and east of I-35. The ATX-SATX metroplex is coming.
stardustag
AG
Not sure if it's all about "want", may be out of necessity due to cost... but as I mentioned, It'll be a miserable commute if you have to drive to work daily. I-35 is always miserable to drive, especially during traffic hours.
Martin Cash
AG
stardustag said:

Not sure if it's all about "want", may be out of necessity due to cost... but as I mentioned, It'll be a miserable commute if you have to drive to work daily. I-35 is always miserable to drive, especially during traffic hours.
They won't have to get on I-35 at all.
stardustag
AG
Martin Cash said:

stardustag said:

Doubt any other highways or small roads are any better if they need to commute.
Martin Cash
AG
stardustag said:

Martin Cash said:

stardustag said:

It is literally on 130. They can drive 85 most of the way to Austin.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Furlock Bones
AG
Yep. Land costs are so high that the only way to build attainable housing is by going farther out.
stardustag
AG
Martin Cash said:

stardustag said:

Martin Cash said:

stardustag said:

It is literally on 130. They can drive 85 most of the way to Austin.
not if you hit traffic on 130. I've hit traffic on 130 numerous times lately.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.