Austin
Sponsored by

I was offered a job at t.u.

1,395 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HECUBUS
Cwhit16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy!

A recruiter from that dirty school in Austin wants me to be the Assistant Director of HR (talent acquisition). I could take it and hire only good Ags and change the fabric of that school, but I would have to work at that dirty school.... what should I do?
stardustag
AG
great idea of bring in trojan horses to change that school.
500,000ags
AG
How do you offer congratulations and pity at the same time?
Aston 91
AG
Congrats on the offer. Check housing/rental prices before you make the decision. Not sure where you're coming from, but I'd guess anywhere near campus (other than student housing and slum lord dumps) will be more $$$.
Mike Elko
AG
I was offered a job there several years ago. I almost accepted it, but two other companies also offered that same week. I think I made the correct decision, but it was a close call.
bankshot11
AG
Aston 91 said:

Congrats on the offer. Check housing/rental prices before you make the decision. Not sure where you're coming from, but I'd guess anywhere near campus (other than student housing and slum lord dumps) will be more $$$.
Yeah, pay is going to be SUPER important. Knowing what the other state employees in Austin make, it may not be a livable wage.
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
Wear that Aggie ring proudly!
512Ag
AG
If the pay is comparable to other jobs and it's a position that matches up with your skill set, take it. Wear your ring. Don't be a jerk about being an Aggie on their campus. Do your job and do it well. You'd be serving the people of the State of Texas, and there's nothing wrong with that -- even at the other university.

Definitely check into cost of living expenses first, though.
HECUBUS
AG
I know six tu professors, three baseball dads one son's girlfriend's dad and two live or lived on our street. None of them went to tu and they are all in a similar situation. Good place to work, it's not contagious.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.