Austin
Sponsored by

PSA for Round Rock ISD mask opt out form

1,799 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aust Ag
ReloadAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They offer the medical opt out form and there's absolutely no follow up or proof required if you want an easy way for your kids to opt out of the ridiculous mask mandate. We submitted one our kids and absolutely no issues or questions asked. So if anyone was on the fence about it just thought I'd let you know.
TamuKid
AG
ReloadAg said:

They offer the medical opt out form and there's absolutely no follow up or proof required if you want an easy way for your kids to opt out of the ridiculous mask mandate. We submitted one our kids and absolutely no issues or questions asked. So if anyone was on the fence about it just thought I'd let you know.

I'm not filling out a silly form to opt out of their illegitimate mandate. My kid has been attending without a mask with no issue.

Also, everyone should email disasterinfo@tea.texas.gov and ask them if they plan on enforcing GA-38 per their most recent Public Health Guidance.
https://tea.texas.gov/sites/default/files/covid/210917_21-22%20Public%20Health%20Guidance_final.pdf
ReloadAg
AG
Fair point. Totally agree. The principal at our school is a nazi and in order to avoid putting my elementary school kids in a bad spot I felt like we had to "play by the rules" so to speak but yea they can all go to hell.
discobrob
AG
There is one teacher at each of my kids schools that still gives them a hard time even though they're on the list. Those teachers have a loved one immunocompromised, and so I see where it's coming from. They don't realize what they're doing psychologically to kids, and that it basically amounts to bullying. I'm proud of my kids for respectfully standing up for themselves. Good life lessons. I have mentioned it to those principals. It's a tricky thing for them and I have nothing but respect for those two principals and how they have to walk this fine line. Frustrating that we're in the situation we're in.
Mule_lx
AG
I didn't want to make my elementary kids political footballs as someone said so I relented and sent them with masks. They both caught Covid with masks. Since they now have antibodies there have been no masks since their return to school. They have reported that only one kid has said anything to them. They are at the elementary with the most opt outs when that was a thing.
TamuKid
AG
Mule_lx said:

I didn't want to make my elementary kids political footballs as someone said so I relented and sent them with masks. They both caught Covid with masks. Since they now have antibodies there have been no masks since their return to school. They have reported that only one kid has said anything to them. They are at the elementary with the most opt outs when that was a thing.

My kid hasn't said anything about anyone saying anything to him either. Sounds like he's likely at the same school as your kid. Funny enough, I had covid a few weeks back… he did the Texas CARES antibody testing last week and he's apparently never had covid. Which is shocking considering I had it, he goes to school, gymnastics, soccer, summer camp, birthday parties, etc. etc.
Aust Ag
AG
The news won't tell you, but Travis County is now in Stage 3 and will be at Stage 2 in a week or so, lowest numbers since July. (even with longhorn and high school games and ACL) Time for the boards to set mtgs to discuss the masks again. Of course, they'll put off any changes until after the holidays, nevermind the "science" of very low cases and hospitalizations.
Potcake
AG
Aust Ag said:

The news won't tell you, but Travis County is now in Stage 3 and will be at Stage 2 in a week or so, lowest numbers since July. (even with longhorn and high school games and ACL) Time for the boards to set mtgs to discuss the masks again. Of course, they'll put off any changes until after the holidays, nevermind the "science" of very low cases and hospitalizations.

You're right, "the news" won't tell you that primarily because it isn't true.
https://www.austintexas.gov/covid19
TamuKid
AG
Potcake said:

Aust Ag said:

You're right, "the news" won't tell you that primarily because it isn't true.
https://www.austintexas.gov/covid19

What am I missing?
From your link:

discobrob
AG
I won't take time to find it but I heard on the radio that Austin's numbers are stage 3, but they will remain stage 4 until further notice.
TamuKid
AG
discobrob said:

I won't take time to find it but I heard on the radio that Austin's numbers are stage 3, but they will remain stage 4 until further notice.

You can see it in the graph I screenshot above. They're at 25. Which is stage 3. And it's dropping fast.
AggieAuditor
AG
Nm
Aust Ag
AG
TamuKid said:

discobrob said:

You can see it in the graph I screenshot above. They're at 25. Which is stage 3. And it's dropping fast.
Exactly, and you could easily make a case for it being Stage 2 next week. Will be funny to see if Travis County holds onto stage four restrictions while we are actually in stage 2.
discobrob
AG
Which gives rrisd another excuse to hang onto ridiculous restrictions.
Mule_lx
AG
I saw that Travis Co dropped to stage 3. What's that mean for the mini board tyrants and their mask mandates?
Aust Ag
AG
Leander lifted mask req yesterday!!
maverick2076
Aust Ag said:

You have a link for that? I can't find it anywhere. I want to make the idiots in my neighborhood cry.
TamuKid
AG
I'm not sure the mandates in place matter much anyway. Schools aren't enforcing anything, that I'm aware of.
My son says nobody really wears masks in his class. He said 5 kids do. Teacher doesn't.
He doesn't wear a mask on his school bus, either... neither does the driver.
Aust Ag
AG
maverick2076 said:

Aust Ag said:

You have a link for that? I can't find it anywhere. I want to make the idiots in my neighborhood cry.
No, got a text from the district.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.