Austin
Sponsored by

Mobile Detailing and Simple Car Maintenance

1,124 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tamc91
I bleed maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a good experience with an Austin mobile detailer who can also do minor maintenance (change out a battery and maybe an oil change)? Car is dead, and before I tow it in, I want to try the easy stuff.
docb
AG
I bleed maroon said:

Does anyone have a good experience with an Austin mobile detailer who can also do minor maintenance (change out a battery and maybe an oil change)? Car is dead, and before I tow it in, I want to try the easy stuff.
Just get someone to jumpstart you and then take it to an auto parts store. Most will install a new battery for you.
I bleed maroon
AG
docb said:

I bleed maroon said:

Just get someone to jumpstart you and then take it to an auto parts store. Most will install a new battery for you.
Yep - tried that. The car sat unstarted for several months, so i tried trickle-charging it, jump-starting it, etc. Nothing works, and it may be an alternator or something else. It also needs a thorough cleaning (hence the detailing need). It's not a clunker, and has some decent value, so I want to get it fixed.

Luckily, this is a third car, and not needed for daily driving. Unfortunately, I was on my way to get it cleaned to sell when I found out it isn't operational.
Potcake
AG
We use O.C. Detailing but they don't do mechanical work.
docb
AG
It really doesn't cost very much to just have it towed to the shop for repair. My alternator went out a couple of months ago so I had it towed from Leander to Georgetown for like $150.
wargograw
Comprehensive insurance will often cover towing.
tamc91
AG
If you live on the SW side of town I highly recommend Bobby Hohmann's Automotive in Oak Hill area. Old time shop, but he's honest and reasonably priced. I've never had the sense he is trying to oversell and always fixes our cars (domestic and foreign).

He can probably recommend a reasonable tow service too, but agree with poster abovemost policies have towing coverage.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.