Austin
Sponsored by

Short Term Housing Georgetown/Round Rock

1,137 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Shanerbock06
TWC22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just found out I will have an internship this summer in the Georgetown area and will need to relocate from College Station. I know the Austin area market is red hot right now. Does anyone have any leads or connections for a small apartment or condo to rent in the area from May Through August. Thanks
Btron
AG
Your best bet is Air Bnb. From what I've been told. But I bet an Aggie connection would work well too!
Good Luck
kag00
AG
Apartments actually aren't nearly as hot as for sale. The issue will be the short term. He can look for a sublease on Craigslist or other similar sites. Airbnb/Vrbo is also a good option. Some corporate apartments are also available furnished but they may be hard to come by up there.
Howdy Dammit
AG
Me and my wife are moving out of our apartment at the end of may with the lease running thru August. We are over near the 360 bridge though, so not a great commute to GT.
Complete Idiot
Looks like Airbnb does have options - from $250/month to get a couch to sleep on, to around $900/month for a private room in a shared house, to $1500/month to have your own RV (I kinda like this price/option), to around $2500/month for an entire apartment to yourself.
TWC22
AG
Thanks for the ideas. I was thinking about subleasing a bedroom from a tu student by campus. Is this a doable commute?
maverick2076
Your commute would be an hour plus, depending on travel times.
wadd96
AG
I'd offer our guest room, but that's the closet where all my shirts are...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Complete Idiot
maverick2076 said:

Your commute would be an hour plus, depending on travel times.
In the summer, running against normal rush our flows (north in the morning, south in the evening), with still more work from home going on?

It is a fairly long drive and it's not one I do so I'm genuinely curious.
JAW3336
AG
no way, 30 minutes in the morning and then 45+ in the evening
Attack life, It's going to kill you anyway!
Bob_Ag
AG
We got a 3 month lease waiting on our new build in East Round Rock.

Tramor at Autumn Park.
Mule_lx
AG
Look up the Williamson Co A&M club on Facebook. See if they'll ask their members if they've got a room you can borrow/rent.
Shanerbock06
AG
If you can find an RV park nearby to park it - I might have an RV you could rent - 38' 5th wheel.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.