Austin
Sponsored by

Church in Lakeway/Bee Cave area

1,896 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Furlock Bones
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any suggestions on a nondenominational church in the area? I'm looking forward a midsize to large nondenominational church to take my family. An active kids/high school group would be great as well.

Thanks y'all.
TyHolden
AG
https://lakewaychurch.org/ - never been but I know a family from the east coast that loves it. I go to the big church right next to it that always has several members secretly armed. God, Guns, and Grace.
expresswrittenconsent
Sounds dangerous.
TyHolden
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Sounds dangerous.
we've never had an issue but church massacres happen. we ask that people don't carry in church. this helps toward that. kinda like an Air Marshal. it's actually fairly common in Texas.
expresswrittenconsent
So you ask that people don't carry but brag that a bunch of people "secretly" carry? Kind of an "unwritten rule" like baseball?
TyHolden
AG

So you ask that people don't carry but brag that a bunch of people "secretly" carry? Kind of an "unwritten rule" like baseball?
it was voted in by the congregation after the 20+ were killed in the church massacre in Sutherland Springs, Texas a couple years ago. it's posted on the doors of the church when you walk in. nothing secret about it. you whip it out, you probably will die. it's that simple. the individuals allowed to carry are professionals (typically current or ex-military). they know how to handle a weapon. again, this is pretty common in Texas. I'd rather have a couple people carrying a weapon and looking out for the bad guys than everybody carrying one at all times or nobody carrying one when somebody decides to take out some innocent people for some reason or another.
expresswrittenconsent
So its a festishization deal. Gotcha.
AgTDub
AG
When we lived in Lakeway and Spicewood we attended Lake Hills Church on Bee Caves Rd. Mac Richard is the pastor there, great communicator. Talented musicians, great kids program, etc....

https://www.lhc.org
OregonAggie
AG
Thank you for the suggestions y'all. I'll check out Lakeway Church since they're doing in person services. I'll let you know what I think!
TyHolden
AG
OregonAggie said:

Thank you for the suggestions y'all. I'll check out Lakeway Church since they're doing in person services. I'll let you know what I think!
AgTDub
AG
Best of luck in your search. We never tried the Lakeway Church but knew a lot of people who loved it.

Lake Hills tended to be a bit "over the top" with making everything into a theatrical performance musically but we really enjoyed the sermons.

Also was kinda neat walking into church and sitting next to The Undertaker or Jesse James or seeing Gov. Perry or Marcus Luttrell there.
wargograw

So its a festishization deal. Gotcha.

How do you get that from what he posted?
SouthLlano
AG
Try Austin Ridge. Maybe a little more of a drive. But worth investigating.
South Llano
OregonAggie
AG
The pastor was dealing with some sort of illness and it was a televised prerecorded sermon. Not a fan of that but I get the situation. Nice folks there and the sermon was pretty darn good.

Thanks yall
jmm
Try Austin Ridge Bible Church. Brad Thomas is the pastor and he is very good. Corner of Cuernavaca and Bee Caves. New sanctuary will be complete in January.
OregonAggie
AG
Is it by one of those video streamed situations or is he actually there? I'm not a fan of the video streams.

Thanks for the suggestion by the way!
jmm
Services are live. 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Brad is there most Sundays. 2 sanctuaries. Building A is larger and where Brad is live. Building D is smaller, has its own band/vocals, and is live streamed. Awesome kids departments.
Furlock Bones
AG
So bitter. So moronic. The perfect encapsulation of all your posts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.