Austin
Sponsored by

District 6 (Flannigan)

2,475 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by evan_aggie
La Migra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So now that it's whittled down to 2 for the runoff I'm hoping the chances are good for Flannigan to get voted out?

https://www.austinmonitor.com/stories/2020/11/flannigan-and-kelly-to-face-off-in-december/

This was pretty much my only silver lining last night with both austin transportation props passing and trump potentially losing to Kamala.
MaroonSpirit
AG
Mackenzie Kelly is awesome. Please vote for her.
And if you are in Alter's district please vote for Jennifer Virden.

If you are not yet on Take Back Austin on Facebook you should consider it.

I still can't believe people were stupid enough to re-elect Casar and put Garza in as da.
KT 90
AG
MaroonSpirit said:

Mackenzie Kelly is awesome. Please vote for her.
And if you are in Alter's district please vote for Jennifer Virden.

If you are not yet on Take Back Austin on Facebook you should consider it.

I still can't believe people were stupid enough to re-elect Casar and put Garza in as da.

this needs many blue stars...
La Migra
Voted for Kelly since I felt she had the best chance to unseat Flannigan.
The Dirty Sock
Close one
XXXVII
Glad that piece of flannigan lost.
Charpie
AG
XXXVII said:

Glad that piece of flannigan lost.
Did he? I haven't looked. But that effer sent people to my house twice. The first time, I told them to pound sand. The second time I told them to eff off
Martin Cash
AG
The other loon got re-elected.
The Dirty Sock
I just wanted that smug "knows more about the situation than me" gone.
Aggietaco
AG
Whoops, completely missed the runoff. Glad Flannigan is gone.
Charpie
AG
Someone on my facebook feed posted, "Thanks Northwest Austin for electing a nazi to the city council."
austinAG90
AG
Having moved to Tarrytown within the last year was first city election. Felt dirty to even have to vote for a "conservative dem" Seems our District 10 loon won re election.
JimbloFisher
AG
I was disappointed in District 10. I thought Virden would get enough votes just from her support on the 20% homestead exemption alone
KT 90
AG
Flannigan (along with Adler and Casar) was one of the main proponents of this nonsense:

evan_aggie
AG
greatdane said:

I was disappointed in District 10. I thought Virden would get enough votes just from her support on the 20% homestead exemption alone

I voted for Virden but it pained me to do it. Did you catch any of her virtual townhall q&a with other candidates?

My god she came across as unprepared and a bumbling buffoon. Every time the moderator asked her a question she started to talk without pressing unmute and then they'd stop and say "you are muted".
And her talking points were 2 things....the same two over and over.

Alter barely won, but Practically anyone else, who may have been at least well spoken, could have beaten Alter with the same support Virden had.

Still can't believe so many of my neighbors vote for Alter and welcome the prop A taxes.
JimbloFisher
AG
No actually I didn't see that, that's unfortunate.

Frankly I didn't even take an interest in the runoff until I had three different people ringing my doorbell to campaign for Atler in the week leading up to vote. That in itself might've been enough to inspire me to vote the other way, and then when I went and read up on Virden's platform it seemed like a no-brainer.
evan_aggie
AG
Alter came to my house and put a flier in the door, and I noticed, and was very close to coming out and asking her all of the things that really bother me...that she wants to "defund police" but doesn't acknowledge the consequences of the message sent to thieves and miscreants. They feel empowered to get away with car break-ins and then campers are more enthusiastic to press their luck and go wherever they want.

Like I said: Virden really showed me that anyone can run, and she just had a circle of people supporting her. But she was TERRIBLE live and I was almost embarrassed that she had so much support. I supported her ideals and voting against prop A, but it was sad no one else could be in her place. Robert Thomas was actually somewhere in the middle between them, and if Virden hadn't run, and Thomas had her financial backers, he probably would have one.

He isn't super progressive like Adler, but wasn't an idiot like Virden.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.