Austin
Sponsored by

Outdoor kitchen build

1,441 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tailgatetimer10
BlazingSaddles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife and I are looking to build a covered outdoor kitchen area. Standard stuff that we're all used to: grill and smoker, tv or two, fireplace, maybe pizza oven, some counter space, overhead lighting and a fan or two.

I'd appreciate any tips you all have from those of you that may have done this. I'm most interested in any suggestions for contractors, general or otherwise. We recently moved to Bastrop from South Austin.

Thanks in advance!
PabloSerna
AG
Hey there! Welcome to Bastrop!!

You may want to post in the Home Improvement board. However, visit Community Gardens on Hwy 71 for some ideas on outdoor living ideas. I have done a few in my day as part of a home design. If you are looking to permit, just look on the City's website for some info.

I'm not on Texags as much - but you can email me and I can try to get you connected with someone. I know some local Contractors that may be able to help.

+Pablo

BTHOB-98
https://www.facebook.com/keltondeck
AgBass01
AG
https://www.facebook.com/brickpavingplus

This is who we used for our backyard patio. They do amazing work.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Get ready to open your checkbook is my advice. Whatever you think you'd spend on an indoor kitchen then add 25%
Archie86
Bought all equipment on Amazon- heavy duty and lifetime warranty.

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Did you do those cabinets and counters yourself?
BlazingSaddles
Thanks for the replies from everyone, it's greatly appreciated.

Archie, did you do that cabinet and overhead work yourself?
Archie86
Actually, I designed the project and hired out subs for the rock and granite top, and for the gazebo. Saved a ton of money, eliminating need for a general contractor.
BlazingSaddles
Very nice. I may have to give this a try, though this would be my first time doing something like this. But I definitely understand how you can save money without having to go with a GC and instead just dealing directly with the subs.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Did you install your pool or was it completed by the previous owner?

If you did it, who did the work?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.