Austin
Sponsored by

Referral needed (builder/ architect)

669 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cityagboy
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am looking for a referral to help with a unique situation.

I have clients going under contract on two lots in Dripping Springs. One lot has a house and the other is empty. The main concern is the viability of building a second home on the second lot. It is tricky because the driveway slightly crosses into the second lot and the septic is on the second lot.

Does anyone have a contact I could reach out to who could provide a consult?
PabloSerna
AG
Architect here.. a couple of questions:

1. Are these lots in the county, ETJ, or corporate city limit?
2. What about a dedicated easement?
3. The issue with the septic would seem to indicate lots outside of the city limits. In which case, I would recommend contacting a Land Surveyor and having the two lots re-plated with a dedicated easement.

Without knowing more about the properties, these are just some starting points. You are free to contact me with some more questions. Most of us are really busy now, but if it is just to discuss some ideas I think I can at least point you in the right direction. HTH

+Pablo

pabloserna@icloud.com

EDIT to add:

Assuming these lots are indeed within the corporate city limits of Dripping Springs; more than likely you will have to hire a Civil Engineer or Registered Professional Land Surveyor to assist you with re-platting and possibly re-zoning the lots with a dedicated easement so that there is access to both lots. Obviously they will need to research the lots and any deed restrictions, plus HOA, plus Land Development Code.

I noticed that there are several RPLS located in Dripping Springs. They will be your best bet to get this done for you.

cityagboy
AG
Thank you for the help. This has been a good learning experience. We found the help we need
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.