Austin
Sponsored by

Wimberley

1,314 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Potcake
WestTexasAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I know I asked about Liberty Hill in another thread. We are considering a move down state. Any Wimberley folks on here? We like that town. Thoughts? Others to consider that are in that size range or so? Liberty Hill is great, but the schools are getting pretty big.
oldarmy76
Wimberley is awesome. Born and raised but living in liberty hill now. I would put roots in Wimberley if you have the chance. I you pointed out, liberty hill is in process of being swallowed by austin and will loose small town feel.
Wimberley, although overrun with a decent amount of liberals, has a unique identity. It will continue to grow but will not be swallowed for a couple more generations. Schools are great. People are good. Hills and creeks are beautiful.
San Marcos is a short drive. Austin and San Antonio are fairly close too.
WestTexasAg
AG
oldarmy76 said:

Wimberley is awesome. Born and raised but living in liberty hill now. I would put roots in Wimberley if you have the chance. I you pointed out, liberty hill is in process of being swallowed by austin and will loose small town feel.
Wimberley, although overrun with a decent amount of liberals, has a unique identity. It will continue to grow but will not be swallowed for a couple more generations. Schools are great. People are good. Hills and creeks are beautiful.
San Marcos is a short drive. Austin and San Antonio are fairly close too.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
That's on my list if we move out of central Austin, although I doubt I will be able to buy the amount of land I would want out there.
aggiederelict
I have heard that Paul Simon has recently moved out there at least part time with his wife. Apparently he bought Kevin Fowler's property out there.
Aggietaco
AG
The biggest down side to Wimberly for me is having to touch I-35 to head to Austin or SA, assuming you work a corporate role that requires you to be in person.
Potcake
AG
We lived there from '01-12 before moving into Austin due to the commute. We came in via Driftwood or Drippin. The Y sucks arse. Depending on where in SA you're going, 281 is an option. We could get to Gruene Hall in 25 minutes, Dripping Springs has some amenities, but yea getting to/from Austin, even without 35, is a pain. 290 from Dripping to Oak Hill was always dangerous as hell. Over the years, on TM12, I dodged two horses (they got hit as I was trying to get them out of the road), a herd of goats, hundreds of deer, and a bison. The views were great but spending 3 hrs/day commuting was a beating.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.