Austin
Sponsored by

Masks Mandatory in Public?

1,563 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Vade281
ClassOf17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wanting to take a trip to Austin this weekend. Thinking about visiting the Domain. Are masks required or is it still optional?
Potcake
AG
It's a statewide mandate, with some exceptions, if you can't maintain a six foot distance.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
not only are they, if you dont have one on people will act like you just kicked a baby
Potcake
AG
You hang in there buddy, I'm sure you'll get through it.
el_scorcho
AG
Law enforcement can fine up to $250 but there's a little trick here. They cannot detain or arrest. If they want to write you a ticket just walk away.
fig96
AG
The way things are looking I'm not sure the Domain will be open this weekend.
AggieOO
ClassOf17 said:

Wanting to take a trip to Austin this weekend. Thinking about visiting the Domain. Are masks required or is it still optional?
You could just go to dallas instead.
tamc93
AG
fig96 said:

Source?
fig96
AG
tamc93 said:

fig96 said:

Source?
No particular source, just the fact that Austin is by the numbers into "Stage 5" which equates to only mandatory businesses being open.
austinag1997
AG
I had to dig through Travis County's website to confirm you are correct. I just wonder if they can legally enter Stage 5 without contradicting the Governor's orders. I suspect that is the issue.
KT 90
AG
Adler does not have the authority to shutdown Austin on his own. He has written the governor asking for additional authority, Abbott responded by telling Adler (and other large city mayors) that they need to more fully enforce the current rules in place. I don't see Abbott giving the large city mayors more authority to shut down on their own.

fig96
AG
There were a few articles about it yesterday as well.

And while there may not be an official order, we could see higher risk businesses decide to close on their own.
Potcake
AG
Yea, Abbott says local governments are not enforcing his orders which apparently say no one can be detained for not masking or distancing. Numerous law enforcement sources say that caveat prevents them from ticketing. Abbott is being just vague enough that he can use locals for cover.
austinag1997
AG
That was my thought as well. Our Governor is simply being a politician.
tamc93
AG
fig96 said:

tamc93 said:

fig96 said:

Source?
No particular source, just the fact that Austin is by the numbers into "Stage 5" which equates to only mandatory businesses being open.
Fear mongering and it will scare off the only potential tourist we have this weekend.
Vade281
AG
The Domain is open, just have to wear a mask.
Source: I'm currently living here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.