Austin
Sponsored by

Mercury Charlies

2,083 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MosesHallRAB04
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone taken an older vehicle to them for some work? I'm was looking at getting some work done on mine and an looking at that shop.
B/CS Dreaming
AG
I haven't, but I was in their parking lot today checking out a clean 1969 Ford truck they have for sale.

What car do you have and what are you wanting to have done?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I've got 79 stingray that needs some tlc. Not a ton, hopefully.

Carburetor work. It was bogging down when you'd Slow down/stop, die and flood so it wouldn't start again. I could never get the Quadra jet tuned right. Also has an electrical draw somewhere. Been sitting a while so it needs to be flushed and seals checked too.
B/CS Dreaming
AG
Cool! I had a '71 Corvette that I sold a couple years ago. My current toy is a 1970 Firebird.

I haven't used them yet, but the next time I need something done that I don't want to do myself, I am going to give Jerry Dixon's Klassic Kar Center a try. They are close to Mercury Charlie's off of 290, have great Yelp reviews and always seem to be busy when I drive by.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Nice. Really wanted a chromy but when I bought it the budget didn't agree.

Figured a nicer, later model was the way to go instead of a pretty rough chromy

And I'm fully admitting defeat with the Quadra jet.
SteveBott
AG
Pardon my ignorance but what is a chromey? Speaking of a potential client I need to get the AC working again

MosesHallRAB04
AG
Chromys are the 1968-1972 C3 corvettes. They have the chrome front and rear bumpers.

73 had chrome rear bumper and Urethane front bumper. 74-82 are the front and rear urethane bumpers. I thinks it's urethane. Might be another material but you get the drift.
SteveBott
AG
Thanks. I love old cars.
B/CS Dreaming
AG
I don't blame you for giving up on the quadrajet. I don't mess with mine for fear of making things worse and not being able to fix it. Whoever you choose, let me know how it goes.

Nice truck, Steve!
trouble
AG
He's damn good people. And his Sweet Nadine is the stuff of dreams. I met him back when he was still at SASS and I still had a cool car.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Got the car back on Friday and am very pleased. Running great. I'd go back to them if I need more work done.

https://imgur.com/a/780yuGh

I thought it would post as a pic, not a link.
SteveBott
AG

MosesHallRAB04
AG
Oops. Looks like I tried editing after you posted. How do you just post them without the link? Is it a stars thing?
B/CS Dreaming
AG
Nice looking C3...love the silver! Was the price reasonable?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
They arent the cheapest shop around but I don't feel gouged. I thought it was reasonable for the work they did. And the work was done well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.