Austin
Sponsored by

Veterinary Recommendation NW Austin

1,507 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rachel 98
SouthernRaisedYankee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Morning Austin board, we're picking up a new german shepherd pup. Anyone have any vet recs? Preferably in the NW side if town?

Thanks!
Billy Foster
AG
Had one at Arbor Animal Hospital on Jollyville and Balcones Woods but followed her to Firehouse Vet in RR at Greenlawn and 45. Dr. Rebecca Davies (also an Ag). For what it worth, a lot of folks followed her over there.
Charpie
AG
What part of NW Austin?

I have started taking my puppies to VCA Lakeline, which is off of 620 near 183. They are pretty awesome.
AggieOO
we previously took ours to Arbor Animal Clinic, but followed Dr Kautz to Crestview Animal Clinic, which is not far off Mopac/183 on Burnet.
Aggieangler93
AG
We use Brushy Creek Veterinary Clinic off 620 near 45. Almost all Aggie docs and have been in business a long time. (512) 255-9725
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
marcosowns
AG
Charpie said:

What part of NW Austin?

I have started taking my puppies to VCA Lakeline, which is off of 620 near 183. They are pretty awesome.
Plus one to VCA Lakeline, they are awesome!
Aston 91
AG
We've used NW Austin Veterinary Center on Jolleyville for 15 years and have been happy with Dr. Walden (the owner) and Dr. Weaver. Dr. Weaver was at a clinic for several years that got bought out by VCA (it may have been Lakeline) and said he couldn't work for a corporation that was more motivated by profits than care, so he left. I think we've seen almost every vet on the staff, but Walden and Weaver are my favorites.
emando2000
AG
I've always used Firehouse Animal Health Center out on 360 & Westlake Dr. Co-Founder John Faught is one of the vets and an Ag. Good People!
Aggietaco
AG
Still at Arbor but may need to follow Dr. Davies to Firehouse. Arbor is not the place it was before they were bought out. Dr. Davies was great for the 7 years we used her.
Billy Foster
AG
Can't say enough good things about her. She's helped us with multiple crazy situations with our dogs, Addison's disease, liver cancer and heart failure. We're to a point with her that we call her cell when we have an emergency or want to bounce questions off her before committing to lots of money in labs and ultrasounds. She's very understanding and practical. Also, she knows I'm a cheap-ass but we try to take care of as many dogs as we can, so she tolerates me.
Rachel 98
AG
I am a vet but since I work at the city shelter I can't do stuff on my own pets. I take them to either Firehouse at 360/Westlake Drive (as mentioned in post above) or Sunbury Vet Clinic (corner of MoPac and Parmer, in the HEB shopping center). I have very high standards LOL and these are the two I have settled on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.