Austin
Sponsored by

Magnolia Lake Austin shut down

6,872 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Austintm
TRADUCTOR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Austin just took a direct shot to the heart. Just a bright spot of Austin history now.

Support the South Austin Magnolia on South Congress when up and running again.
expresswrittenconsent
This is gonna really put a damper on my plans to eat more pancakes in 2003.
rather be fishing
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

This is gonna really put a damper on my plans to eat more pancakes in 2003.
Still too soon on the IHOP by Rainey shutting down.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
NXNW

Enchiladas Y Mas

Both gone.
emando2000
AG
All places people eat at on average once every 3-4 years or so.
Potcake
AG
Where are you seeing Y Mas?
nm, reporter neighbor confirmed.
12thMan86
AG
Went to that Magnolia about 2 mos ago. This will not be the last closing. Sucks
AggieOO
emando2000 said:

We were regulars at enchiladas y mas.
emando2000
AG
AggieOO said:

emando2000 said:

We were regulars at enchiladas y mas.

That's probably the one if the group that I'd go to more. It reminded me of the texmex food in my hometown. It just wasn't close to me.
expresswrittenconsent
According to my Googles, EyM is temporarily closed and scheduled to reopen 4.30.20.
Potcake
AG
That's what I saw last night but our neighbor is a KVUE/Statesman reporter that went there on Friday nights confirmed. I've been trying my best to help Casita Guanajuato going.
Potcake
AG
damn delayed double post
expresswrittenconsent
Sucks if true. Amazing fajitas there. Kids menu chicken strips better than most chicken places.
Potcake
AG
Veracruz All-Natural (183 location) is done too. I only went there once. It was really good but kind of pricy for tacos.
https://www.austin360.com/news/20200417/veracruz-all-natural-permanently-closes-its-north-austin-location
AggieOO
Quote:

Good afternoon everyone. We want to take this time to reach out to all of you and let you know what is going on with us at EYMas. Inaccurate information is being circulated and as the owners we want you to hear this from us. When Robert, Roe and I started this business years ago we knew there would come a time that we would be wanting to retire. As many of you know my brother, Roe passed away last year. Before his death, we already knew that when our lease ended, June 2020, we would have no intention of signing a new lease. This decision has been in the works for over a year and has nothing to do with our landlord, he's been fair to us all these years. This was our decision.
Robert and I had every intention of staying open until the end of our lease, but COVID-19 changed our plans. We tried doing take-out service, but financially it didn't work out for us. We didn't know that the City of Austin would keep us closed this long.
However, Roe's daughters, Eva and Carmen, are in the process of trying to buy the business from us. If they are able to make this a reality they will be back as soon as possible to serve the same food and margaritas that we've been offering all these years. Please be patient and as soon as we know something we will share that information with you.
So at this time Robert and I want to thank all of you for your patronage, loyalty, and kindness. Thank you for 26 wonderful years. It's been an unbelievable experience. Our hearts are full of gratitude and some sadness.
Again, thank you.
Robert and Mary Martinez
expresswrittenconsent
That's interesting. 90% chance that the new version will be in east pfluger-hutto or west jonestown. cant imagine they stay in the old north austin location.
Aust Ag
AG
Add Threadgills to the list. Dang.
rather be fishing
AG
Potcake said:

That's what I saw last night but our neighbor is a KVUE/Statesman reporter that went there on Friday nights confirmed. I've been trying my best to help Casita Guanajuato going.
Ate there once and wife and I both got sick.

El Nuevo is much better.
Potcake
AG
You also once said Shoal Creek Saloon was inedible.
rather be fishing
AG
Potcake said:

I didn't care for their food.
JW
AG
Went there once. It was terrible.
regio
rather be fishing said:

Potcake said:

I didn't care for their food.
Went back to Shoal Creek Saloon months ago. Remodeled, new owner, new menu, top notch now.
tlepoC
AG
I was there a couple months ago... Same ****ty menu. Crawfish and abita are decent
Potcake
AG
Ownership hasn't changed but there have been additions to the menu.
I have no affiliation with them except as customer. We go for Saints games, crawfish, and the occasional lunch. I'm not equating it to Perla's but to say it's inedible or horrible, you probably have some other beef with them.
Layne Staley
AG
For the Y Mas lovers, their former waiter Edward took some of their recipes and opened Recuerdos on the square in Round Rock. He doesn't use the Land O Lakes cheese like Y Mas does but his enchiladas are fantastic. Have no idea his status post Covid.

If Y Mas does close maybe I can finally lose that 10 lbs around the gut. We ate there at least twice a week for the last 15 years.
AggieOO
Layne Staley said:

For the Y Mas lovers, their former waiter Edward took some of their recipes and opened Recuerdos on the square in Round Rock. He doesn't use the Land O Lakes cheese like Y Mas does but his enchiladas are fantastic. Have no idea his status post Covid.

If Y Mas does close maybe I can finally lose that 10 lbs around the gut. We ate there at least twice a week for the last 15 years.
I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!
TyHolden
AG
anything opening on Friday?
Potcake
AG
https://www.kxan.com/news/business/list-austin-area-restaurants-opening-dining-rooms-on-friday/
OregonAggie
AG
Potcake said:

https://www.kxan.com/news/business/list-austin-area-restaurants-opening-dining-rooms-on-friday/

That list is 5 deep...5 restaurants have confirmed hahaha

Going to be some long waits out there!
Potcake
AG
You won't have to compete with me, I'm fine with takeout for awhile.
AggieOO
Potcake said:

same here. i'll let everyone else be the guinea pigs. Cooking at home and takeout doesn't bother me.
OregonAggie
AG
AggieOO said:

Potcake said:

same here. i'll let everyone else be the guinea pigs. Cooking at home and takeout doesn't bother me.

I made a reservation at the League Kitchen in Lakeway and I'm assuming reservations will be the norm for awhile. I'm fine with that.

I think walking into a place over the next couple weeks will lead to long wait times.
emando2000
AG
OregonAggie said:

AggieOO said:

Potcake said:

I made a reservation at the League Kitchen in Lakeway and I'm assuming reservations will be the norm for awhile. I'm fine with that.

I think walking into a place over the next couple weeks will lead to long wait times.
Lonnie is my boy! If you don't know him he's an Ag that works behind the bar. He has to be one of my favorite people!
TyHolden
AG
are any bars open? i need a drink.
Potcake
AG
FUUUUDDDGGGEEE!

Shady Grove
https://www.austin360.com/photogallery/TX/20200511/FOODANDDINING/511009997/PH/1
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.