Austin
Sponsored by

Austin COVID-19 New Case's Daily update

28,507 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggietaco
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3501 cases, 1,380 recovered, 95 deaths.
aggielax48
AG
3,562 cases, 2,917 recoveries
91 hospitalizations
95 deaths

Interesting change to the recovery numbers. They are now estimating recovery numbers. Those numbers always seemed low but understandable since they were only counting "confirmed" recoveries. I think I may be equally surprised that this new estimate there is only 500 active cases in the Austin metro.
Aust Ag
AG
Random thought, watching the local news on the different stations this morning, why are all the anchors still working from their apartment? Aren't we in Stage 3? Are they afraid to go to the station?
SteveBott
AG
Stage 3 is a political term not medical. Who says we should be in a P3? A politician that is all. The virus is still with us and spreading. We as a society have decided the risk of exposure is worth it. That does not mean an individual has to.

Ive said many times, any .gov is not going to make us safe or resume behavior we deem to put us at risk. If the TV folks feel they need to work from home then fine with me. They are doing their jobs as they and their employer feel is best for them.
Aust Ag
AG
I guess, though I see their co-workers having to interview people at the rallies, etc. Maybe the lower-rung journalist don't have much of a say-so, who knows.
aggielax48
AG
3,815, 98 deaths
89 hospitalizations
3,098 est. recoveries
619 active cases
AustinScubaAg
AG
Why the heck is Austin not showing the number of asymptomatic cases. They have a chart that shows cases by date of symptoms onset that implies most of the new cases are asymptomatic. If that chart is accurate a decent number of the cases never had symptoms. If the chart is inaccurate because they do not have that data for most or all of the cases then it should not even be posted.
Fitch
AG

aggielax48
AG
Can the numbers be right today? 418 new cases??
DeangeloVickers
AG
Yep, more open, more testing, more positives

Hospital should be marginally up and deaths stagnant

The Fall Guy
AG
Protest spikes also for Travis. Harris county already said their spike is from the protests.

Hays spiked last week. Last 2 days have gone down significantly. Hopefully they stabalize
SteveBott
AG
They. Won't. We are intentionally integrating. We are seeing the results.
SteveBott
AG
Oh went to Home Depot today. Spent 360. A sign at front said masks were required but at least st third were walking past the signs saying no masks. F-ck you. It's not about you.

Go protest somewhere else. I want to be safe. I'm 60 and my odds is If I get it is about one in 9 From dying. I don't like those odds.
Fitch
AG
State and Area Case Data

County-level Case Data

Hospitalizations by TSA Region

DeangeloVickers
AG
Don't care about new cases

Hospital beds and deaths are what you have to look at

This is real, this is contagious, wash your hands,, wear a mask
wargograw
I highly doubt it's actually 11% for 60 year olds. Do you have pre existing conditions? Why are you going out?
SteveBott
AG
60-69. I've been out just a handful of times since March. I can count on one hand. I always wear a mask
BQ78
AG
Sounds like you need to continue doing that for your peace of mind.
SteveBott
AG
Yes sir I will. I continue to do what's best for me and wife. I make that decision not .gov. I will mask. I will social distance. I will limit any contact with those that don't.

My choice. To each his own.
MaroonStain
AG
6,200 confirmed cases and 110 deaths in Travis County.

0.0039% deaths in Travis County related to COVID.

The national number for all ages is 0.0026.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
BQ78
AG
That is what we should have done from the beginning with the government being clear about what they knew and what they thought, versus stating everything like it was fact coming out of their mouths. Then the citizens can form their own plan for their response to the pandemic like you and I have done, although with differing approaches.
MaroonStain
AG
MaroonStain said:

0.0039% deaths in Travis County related to COVID.

I made an error in my calculation. I used 2.8MM as population for Travis County. Actual is 1,274,000. Actual death % is 0.0092. I apologize.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
MaroonStain
AG
MaroonStain said:

0.0092% deaths in Travis County related to COVID.

"Thanks and Gig'em"
Fitch
AG

Aust Ag
AG
Am I looking at this wrong, or does it seem Austins hospitalizations are starting to flatten?
Aust Ag
AG
Per KXAN, over 13,000 have been tested since June 23 and 6% positive.
MouthBQ98
AG
More cases, better treatment knowledge though, so it is much less deadly. Still a risk of loading up hospitals if it gets really out of hand.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I'd love too see those 7 day trends again
Aust Ag
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Well, they must be really bad because Adler just extended the stay-at-home order through December 15th.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Should have just made it Nov 4th but basically everything is allowed to reopen Aug 16, and cases and hospitalization are tanking

https://austin.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/43b91f7147934b0190119781f81aa896
BQ78
AG
This is such BS. Will they enforce the 10 man assembly rule when the riots start after Trump is re-elected?
Aggietaco
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.