Austin
Sponsored by

Where to get a couple good filets?

1,599 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Weddingtons Coffee
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Other than just going to the grocery store every day this week and checking, anyone have an idea of where I might be able to, without a crazy amount of effort, buy a couple filets for next weekend?

We canceled our travel plans for our 5 year anniversary, so the new plan is a nice bottle of red wine (or three) and some filets at home. However, the last two times i've been to HEB, they've been cleaned out.

I'm guessing its going to be hit or miss (mostly miss), but worth a shot.

I'm in Round Rock near Terravista.
rather be fishing
AG
Whole Foods would probably be worth a shot.
Aggietaco
AG
Costco had some decent cuts in stock yesterday.

If you strike out, let me know. I've got some good stuff in the freezer.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Costco Prime, get the four pack
Potcake
AG
Is there a Round Rock outskirt equivalent of the Bon Ton Market in Kyle or Granzins in New Braunfels?
expresswrittenconsent
Texas Sausage Co
E12th
johnson2012
AG
Try out Lee's @ Jerrerson & 38th. That's my go to for "special occasion" steaks. Assuming they're open, you can call in orders ahead of time. I typically call around lunch and tell them which cuts/sizes and just pick up on my way home from the office. They're cut to order and then vacuum seaedl, so with call ahead you can just run in and be in/out in a couple minutes.

Eta- heb at 620 and great oaks has been picked clean the past two weeks so don't bother checking there unless you can choice cuts or chicken breasts.
Leander - Ag
AG
Picked up some at Costco yesterday
AggieOO
Thanks all. I'll look around at the suggestions. Struck out at sprouts this morning. Went at 730.

taco- appreciate it. I have a week, so I figure I'll find something.
fig96
AG
Probably not an option at this point in time, but Winters Family Beef just outside town raises Texas Wagyu and it's amazing. They usually sell at a few farmers markets in town.

http://wintersfamilybeef.com/
AggieOO
Thanks everyone, mission accomplished.

Wife accidentally broke her French press, which is an emergency according to her. I ran to HEB to get a new one. Strangely enough, heb was dead. They happened to have filets, so I grabbed them.
Mookie
AG
johnson2012 said:

Try out Lee's @ Jerrerson & 38th. That's my go to for "special occasion" steaks. Assuming they're open, you can call in orders ahead of time. I typically call around lunch and tell them which cuts/sizes and just pick up on my way home from the office. They're cut to order and then vacuum seaedl, so with call ahead you can just run in and be in/out in a couple minutes.

Eta- heb at 620 and great oaks has been picked clean the past two weeks so don't bother checking there unless you can choice cuts or chicken breasts.

I just got back from that same H-E-B. Plenty of meat, steaks, etc. they restock quickly!
cityagboy
AG
http://www.saltandtime.com/

Salt and time or Whole Foods is where I get my steaks from.
cityagboy
AG
AggieOO said:

Thanks everyone, mission accomplished.

Wife accidentally broke her French press, which is an emergency according to her. I ran to HEB to get a new one. Strangely enough, heb was dead. They happened to have filets, so I grabbed them.
Nice. Certain HEBs and Central Market can have great meat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.