Austin
Sponsored by

The Insanity of the Austin City Council has spread to AISD

3,128 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Swope McGee
Martin Cash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
[url]https://www.kvue.com/article/news/education/schools/austin-news-isd-sex-ed-curriculum/269-9d1989bb-1d57-4724-a819-1f0a33375a47[/url]
Charpie
AG
I thought everyone who posted on this forum was smart and sent their kids to RRISD, Eanes ISD or PISD? Who on earth would send their kids to AISD?
Oryx
Quote:

The new curriculum touches on explanation, information on consent, boundaries and respect, how to engage with somebody you disagree with
sounds terrible
BQ78
AG
Quote:

how to engage with somebody you disagree with

So students get on Texags?
BenFiasco14
AG
I plan to eventually situate myself to send kids to LTISD personally. Or dripping.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BrokeAssAggie
BenFiasco14 said:

I plan to eventually situate myself to send kids to LTISD personally. Or dripping.

Dripping ISD is on a similar path.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Quote:

The Insanity of the Austin City Council has spread to AISD
Its the same voting population, what do you expect?
BenFiasco14
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

BenFiasco14 said:

How so? Honestly curious
BrokeAssAggie
BenFiasco14 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

BenFiasco14 said:

How so? Honestly curious
DISD pushing the same ideologies as AISD.
BenFiasco14
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

BenFiasco14 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

BenFiasco14 said:

How so? Honestly curious

Well, where can someone in this general area of the state get away from this crap? I assume it's everywhere in the major metropolitan areas
BrokeAssAggie
BenFiasco14 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

BenFiasco14 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

BenFiasco14 said:

How so? Honestly curious

Well, where can someone in this general area of the state get away from this crap? I assume it's everywhere in the major metropolitan areas
I am afraid so, just need to make sure you communicate with your kids up front about what they might see or hear.
Swope McGee
AG
Maybe I'm being dense, but what's the issue with this curriculum?
BenFiasco14
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

BenFiasco14 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

BenFiasco14 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

BenFiasco14 said:

How so? Honestly curious

I am afraid so, just need to make sure you communicate with your kids up front about what they might see or hear.

Are you in Dripping?
cityagboy
AG
Looks like a realistic and healthy approach....
cityagboy
AG
cityagboy said:

Does anyone think teaching abstinence works in regards to sexual activity, STDs, sexual assault or pregnancy?

Teenagers have sex, teenagers encounter sexual assault, some teenagers are LGBTQ.... Let's teach them how to be safe, responsible and respectful
tailgatetimer10
AG
I guess I'm more interested in what they're teaching elementary children, you'd think there's some limits. Any idea?
cityagboy
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

I guess I'm more interested in what they're teaching elementary children, you'd think there's some limits. Any idea?
there are limits and each grade will be different
BenFiasco14
AG
cityagboy said:

cityagboy said:

Does anyone think teaching abstinence works in regards to sexual activity, STDs, sexual assault or pregnancy?

Teenagers have sex, teenagers encounter sexual assault, some teenagers are LGBTQ.... Let's teach them how to be safe, responsible and respectful

Nobody's having a fit about education regarding actual intercourse, STDs etc. the issue is all this gender identity and transgender gobbledygook

You think it's a good idea to put into young, impressionable and already confused minds the idea that, "hey - you might have a ***** - but that doesn't mean you're a boy you know. Look at the gender bread person!" That's sick.
cityagboy
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

cityagboy said:

cityagboy said:

Nobody's having a fit about education regarding actual intercourse, STDs etc. the issue is all this gender identity and transgender gobbledygook

You think it's a good idea to put into young, impressionable and already confused minds the idea that, "hey - you might have a ***** - but that doesn't mean you're a boy you know. Look at the gender bread person!" That's sick.
Well, we disagree. No one will turn out to be LGBTQ because someone talked to them about it. This will only help people welcome those who are as they get older and help those who are LGBTQ to feel ok with it.
BenFiasco14
AG
cityagboy said:

BenFiasco14 said:

cityagboy said:

cityagboy said:

Well, we disagree. No one will turn out to be LGBTQ because someone talked to them about it. This will only help people welcome those who are as they get older and help those who are LGBTQ to feel ok with it.

Right. No young child (these are children) would become a T because they were spoken to about it. Never.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/10/28/us/texas-transgender-child.amp.html
cityagboy
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

cityagboy said:

BenFiasco14 said:

cityagboy said:

cityagboy said:

Right. No young child (these are children) would become a T because they were spoken to about it. Never.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/10/28/us/texas-transgender-child.amp.html
I do not support physically transitioning before 18. Maybe an individual parent can force something on a kid, which is wrong, but no one is going to become LGBTQ from educational classes....
Swope McGee
AG
"Transgender gobbledygook" ? "That's sick"?
I'm just going to guess that you have strong feelings and a message board reply will not change your mind.

Oryx
As someone who grew up in Driftwood/Dripping Springs and went to school there a decade ago, the area and school district has definitely gotten more "liberal" but in a way Dripping Springs has always been kind of a very laid back place.

I'm not sure how much its changed on the DSISD level (live in Buda now) but I highly doubt whatever poor sap in that town who has to teach Sex Ed is trying to personally **** up your kid. Maybe teach something you don't agree with? Sure. But talk to your kid, and discuss with them what they learned and you can teach them to deal with two different viewpoints, whether its a slighty different viewpoint or something bat**** insane.

You'll be involved in your kids life alot more than some SexEd teacher and the influence will follow. Don't let it run you out of a spot if it's otherwise great.
rather be fishing
AG
Oryx said:

As someone who grew up in Driftwood/Dripping Springs and went to school there a decade ago, the area and school district has definitely gotten more "liberal" but in a way Dripping Springs has always been kind of a very laid back place.

I'm not sure how much its changed on the DSISD level (live in Buda now) but I highly doubt whatever poor sap in that town who has to teach Sex Ed is trying to personally **** up your kid. Maybe teach something you don't agree with? Sure. But talk to your kid, and discuss with them what they learned and you can teach them to deal with two different viewpoints, whether its a slighty different viewpoint or something bat**** insane.

You'll be involved in your kids life alot more than some SexEd teacher and the influence will follow. Don't let it run you out of a spot if it's otherwise great.

SteveBott
AG
Ben that is a really poor example you posted. That case involved BSC parents especially the mom. Had nothing to do with school Ed. Also any of you that are opposed, did you look at the actual curriculum linked? It is mostly common sense discussions on the subject.

Personally I think rational education in school on sex-ed is a net benefit versus being exposed to the internet or on the street. And if you are really opposed then you can opt out and teach your kids your way.
Martin Cash
AG
cityagboy said:

BenFiasco14 said:

cityagboy said:

cityagboy said:

Why should we want them to 'feel ok' about their mental illness?
cityagboy
AG
Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

BenFiasco14 said:

cityagboy said:

cityagboy said:

Well, our views are drastically different.... I obviously hope you change this dangerous opinion, but at the very least please be friendly to the LGBTQ community as they are people.

Have a good weekend.
Martin Cash
AG
cityagboy said:

Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

BenFiasco14 said:

cityagboy said:

cityagboy said:

Well, our views are drastically different.... I obviously hope you change this dangerous opinion, but at the very least please be friendly to the LGBTQ community as they are people.

Have a good weekend.
Dangerous? One can be friendly, sensitive, courteous and understanding and still realize that this is a mental illness that should not be praised or celebrated.
cityagboy
AG
Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

Martin Cash said:

cityagboy said:

BenFiasco14 said:

cityagboy said:

cityagboy said:

Have a good weekend.
Dangerous? One can be friendly, sensitive, courteous and understanding and still realize that this is a mental illness that should not be praised or celebrated.
Well, I said I hope you can be friendly so I am glad you are.
Swope McGee
AG
"Mental illness"? Must be an attempt to troll.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.