Austin
Sponsored by

Looking for an Architect Round Rock.

1,067 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PabloSerna
BTHOB-98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a small project. Having a hard time finding someone to work with. Any suggestions?
chipotle
What are you wanting to do? Budget?
BTHOB-98
I am designing a historic looking home in Downtown Round Rock that will be an office building with a residence on the second floor. One of the issues that I have run into related to budget is that the city does not really understand what they want. Its a new zoning district and I am one of the first in so it has taken some back and forth with the city. They are flexible but it is taking some work just to get to where I can understand what can be built. The current architect that I am working with leans towards home building (frankly I am not sure he really understands a lot of things that are needed commercially. and or he thinks that we need some things that we do not. example elevator for second story living area for me and my wife.) and does not have this flexibility and I think that he is frustrated which is frustrating for us. What I am looking for is someone who will work with me on some designs that I can take to city so I can figure out what they will accept and then once we understand that we can move towards a final design. Sorry if that does not really explain the budget like you are needing. I am just not sure exactly what will be needed in the end. I probably made that clear as mud.
Agthatbuilds
Email me at username @gmail
aggielax48
AG
Contact Randall Owen
randallowen at huoarchitects dot com

[url=https://huoarchitects.com/]h+uo[/url]

You can tell him Tim Holland referred you.
PabloSerna
AG
Interview a few architects. Ask if they have any Live/Work experience and any Historical experience.

Yes, I have both.

+Pablo

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.