Austin
Sponsored by

Outdoor spiral staircase

1,603 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PabloSerna
Medaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I live in Austin and want to have a spiral staircase to give access from my deck to balcony. Any recommendations on contractors or what the best way to start getting bids?
AggieFabricator
I'm in the Austin area, you're going to have a hard time finding someone who can a.) build an actual quality spiral straicase b.) find someone who will do it affordable. With the construction boom in Austin people who do quality work are naming their prices. If you're not as worried about price try DropHouse Design or Austin Metalworks, they do some of the best work I've seen in Austin for being big time fabricators. If they're too high for your liking get back with me and I can probably help you out or point you in the right direction.
expresswrittenconsent
I've seen them on some recent new builds in my part of austin. I only really remember because I drove by them on their side every day for a few months before they were installed.
Aggietaco
AG
You can buy pre-fab units to fit various heights and either install yourself or have a carpenter install them. I'd avoid the custom metal fab shops in town unless you have money and time to burn.
SteveBott
AG
My buddy is admitted cheap ass. He looked for one for several years and no luck. Found an old straight one off an old house and bought on site, transported it and got contractors to unseal. Lotta work for not quite what he wanted.
AggieFabricator
There is a company out of Houston I used when I subbed out a spiral staircase, their lead time was like 3 months then. But they also take your dimensions and will paint what you want. The install can be easy or brutal depending where you're installing it.
PabloSerna
AG
Just wondering how this turned out? Seen kits online and they seemed pretty straight forward. Thx
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.