Austin
Sponsored by

Trying to Help a Friend

1,610 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggieclay
aggieclay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Posted this in the Health and Fitness forum. Guess I should've put it here?

I just found out a friend of mine at work is getting evicted from her apartment. The reason, unfortunately is not because of paying rent. She's a hoarder. I don't know how bad her place is, but I know her office across from mine is a bit nasty.
My question to you all is what are her alternatives? Apparently she's not very responsible with her money. She has 12 credit cards, all maxed out. Some of us can help pay for her medication as she's a diabetic. However, what about housing? I don't know what her credit looks like but if she's evicted, she's gonna have a hard time finding something else.
Any recommendations are appreciated.
Thanks
tamc91
AG
The best thing for her is to find a way to get her into professional counseling. Hoarding is typically a mental health issue. Finding a new place without treating the root cause will not likely have the positive outcome over the long term.
aggieclay
Thanks for the reply. I found out today that she may be able to stay. She's been off all week, staying at home and cleaning up. We'll see if she's able to keep it that way.
God bless.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.