Austin
Sponsored by

Camp Lucy

1,628 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiederelict
Aggie@state.gov
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone been to a wedding/event at Camp Lucy in Dripping Springs?

Impressions?

TIA
TacosaurusRex
It's been a couple of years, but I attended a friend's wedding out here. The most memorable part to me was the big oak they have outside where the ceremony took place.

I thought it was a really great setting.
aggiederelict
My wife and I were married there 5 years ago. What do you want to know?

Great place.
Aggie@state.gov
AG
looking to rent for wedding in late 2020. (non football weekend)

thx
gigemags2016
BKR88
AG
Check out Canyonwood Ridge in Dripping Springs. Married my daughter off last December. Great place and the owener AJ is second to none!
BKR'88
LihaiAg06
AG
Wife and I were married there in 2011. Nice setting. Only thing we had an issue with was the catering but that was on them and not on the venue. Would recommend. Hire a good photographer
aggiederelict
Overall, really great venue. They were very easy to work with 5 years ago. They had just opened some options for guests staying there but we had our guests stay near downtown Austin and bussed them out there. That worked well so people got to explore Austin and the hill country as well.

We got a crazy good deal because someone cancelled 4 months out and we jumped on it. Not sure what their pricing is now, but with the deal we got a Friday wedding in May for $2500. Hard to pass up.

At the time, they let us bring our own alcohol which saved us quite a bit of money. Not sure what their policy is now. I make my own beer and they let me serve it at the wedding.

I believe they have 3 options now. We got married at Ian's Chapel outside under the arch. We recently had brunch at the restaurant it was very good. Beautiful space to host a rehearsal dinner I would imagine.

The different venues are spaced out well and you can't really tell there are other wedding going on at the same time.

We setup a bourbon and cigar bar outside of the indoor space where we had the reception. It was a nice option for those wanting to take a break from dancing or enjoy the nice spring evening.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.