Austin
Sponsored by

New Indoor Shooting Range going in at 35/45.

2,481 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bodaciousbood14
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Over by La Fronterra

www.shootpointblank.com

Gun / Range rentals, retail gun sales, ammo, LTC

I heard that sadly, Best of the West was closing at the end of September.

Some liberal land devs bought the adjacent land and then submitted complaints about the noise, forcing them to bar rifles...rendering the place basically out of business..
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
tamc93
AG
Interesting - thank you!
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
expresswrittenconsent
The idea of "liberal land developers" harming an interstate-adjacent suburban strip mall shopping center seems far fetched, especially in round rock texas.
SteveBott
AG
Five minutes from my house. No more Reds for me. Thanks OP
Aggietaco
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

The idea of "liberal land developers" harming an interstate-adjacent suburban strip mall shopping center seems far fetched, especially in round rock texas.
BotW in Liberty Hill is closing due to complaints from new neighbors. Former best outdoor range option in the area.
watty
AG
Where is the closest long distance (500+ yds) range to Austin?
maverick2076
Aggietaco said:

BotW in Liberty Hill is closing due to complaints from new neighbors. Former best outdoor range option in the area.

They haven't been the best range option for some time. Their customer service and attitudes turned to crap over the last year.
maverick2076
watty said:

Where is the closest long distance (500+ yds) range to Austin?

Copper Creek shooting club, on 1431 outside of Marble Falls, is nice, and goes out to 700 or 800 yards, I believe.
JAW3336
AG
maverick2076 said:

They haven't been the best range option for some time. Their customer service and attitudes turned to crap over the last year.
No kidding, when we where there a year ago they acted like the paying customers were bothering them.
wadd96
AG
Y'all should have seen the s**tstorm this started on NextDoor...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Aggietaco
AG
maverick2076 said:

Aggietaco said:

"Former". They were the best until they started to reign in on their policies due to surrounding development.
SteveBott
AG
Here we go. I do agree the entrance should be on the toll road

https://communityimpact.com/austin/round-rock-pflugerville-hutto/business/2019/09/18/neighbors-react-indoor-shooting-range-under-construction-round-rock/
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
its weird that the people complaining cant really seem to articulate what their problem is.

"We've got kids". So, what exactly is the fear here? Children will wonder in to the gun range?
SteveBott
AG
Cause people are ignorant on the subject. Saw another article today with same stuff.
oldarmy76
It's always the same for everything: I don't think X should be allowed here because it hurts my property value, traffic, and think of the children.
It's so predictable it's rather amazing. The development doing the complaining was complained about by the older development next to them.
RDV-1992
There is also a range in south Austin called The Range at Austin - opened a couple of years ago. Grant Shaw, an Aggie, either partially owns it or is one of the managers or both (can't remember right now which it is). I've seen pictures (looks nice) but have never been there.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Plus 1 for The Range...run a tight range, all the guys up front know everything there is to know about what you want to buy, and I believe they even have some type of code to identify potential problem people who walk in so they're always paying close attention to everything going on.

I won't buy a guy in Austin from anywhere else unless they just don't carry it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.