Austin
Sponsored by

Went to The Switch near Dripping yesterday

4,916 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wadd96
wadd96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KT 90 said:

Aggietaco said:

In this thread: my opinion is more valid than yours.

Correct. BBQ snobs are worse than beer snobs

Except that some of us also bring the opinions of critics and experts to play as well...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
And most craft beer sucks but people drink it to look cool. BBQ is like sex even when it's bad it's still better than not having it. Beer not so much.
jah003
S
Keeper of The Spirits said:

And most craft beer sucks but people drink it to look cool. BBQ is like sex even when it's bad it's still better than not having it. Beer not so much.
You're absolutely right. It is imperative that I look cool while drinking my "craft beer" at home. What would my wife think if I was drinking Bud Light? She'd probably divorce me and marry a hipster.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
TBF Bud Light doesn't suit my palate Coors Light for me. A lot of craft beer is good but their is a lot of trash out there cashing in on the fad. BBQ isn't there yet
expresswrittenconsent
Keeper of The Spirits said:

TBF Bud Light doesn't suit my palate Coors Light for me. A lot of craft beer is good but their is a lot of trash out there cashing in on the fad. BBQ isn't there yet
Bob_Ag
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Stiles Switch isnt very good despite the "OMG, AGGIE OWNED, YALL" buzz on texags.
It's far below the top tier austin places like franklin/LaBBQ etc. If you want Aggie BBQ that is top tier you gotta go to Lexington.

It actually is pretty good and it's a joke to even compare it to Rudys. An Aggie owned place in the heart of Austin didn't get popular because it had ****ty BBQ.
expresswrittenconsent
Bob_Ag said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

Stiles Switch isnt very good despite the "OMG, AGGIE OWNED, YALL" buzz on texags.
It's far below the top tier austin places like franklin/LaBBQ etc. If you want Aggie BBQ that is top tier you gotta go to Lexington.

It actually is pretty good and it's a joke to even compare it to Rudys. An Aggie owned place in the heart of Austin didn't get popular because it had ****ty BBQ.

Good to know that your brain equates popularity to quality and therefore something popular cant be crappy.
Racism, pretty popular. Having a real big 2019. Reality TV, extremely popular since 1992.
Crossfit.
Top 40 music.
Electric scooters.
Texas Longhorn football.
German Chocolate Cake.
Dubstep.
Soccer.
Dane Cook.
Organized religion.
All popular and crappy.
Leander - Ag
AG
SS crushes anything in Lockhart
wadd96
AG
It must suck to live in a world as depressing as yours... Especially if you think Rudy's is good BBQ and German chocolate cake is overrated. I pray in, my organized religion way, for your soul.
fig96
AG
wadd96 said:

It must suck to live in a world as depressing as yours... Especially if you think Rudy's is good BBQ and German chocolate cake is overrated. I pray in, my organized religion way, for your soul.
Do it while watching soccer for good measure.
el_scorcho
AG
Went this evening and had the one meat plate with moist brisket, sides of sweet corn mash and potato salad. The food was excellent and the restaurant itself is nicely done.
wadd96
AG
Found out yesterday that Bill Dumas has left the pitroom...
JCRiley09
AG
Whoa! Must be a new development. I saw him there probably a month or so ago.
wadd96
AG
Yeah, fairly new... I heard he is helping out at Cypress Creek Cookers in Wimberly and is about to head to Australia to do some guest cooking...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.