Austin
Sponsored by

Anyone interested in breeding some Doodles?

2,828 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Complaint Investigator
SteveBott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have an 18 month full poodle who I would like for him to get the real thing once before he becomes a cousin of bevo. Not interested in making this a side business but but might be interested do one more time if things go well.

Male
White
60 pounds
CKC papers.
Great personality.

want pick of the litter as fee. I will posts some pics later. Round Rock.
Potcake
AG
This is about you, not him. He doesn't care about "the real thing". He should be neutered for health reasons not to mention unneeded puppies.
SteveBott
AG
Take it to the PETA forum
Potcake
AG
Or buy a sponsorship.
Federale01
AG
I really want to use my vote to break the tie, but I haven't decided who to give it to yet. The pressure....
expresswrittenconsent
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Round Rock v Austin
Wilco v Travis

Let's get ready to rumbbbbbbbbllllllllllleeee !
Potcake
SteveBott
AG
I do not care about stupid stars or stupid posters opinions. I have the dog because my wife refused to get another Lab which I have owned for twenty years. She was tired of the shed, which was considerable, and this dog does not shed and hypoallergenic. It has great traits and my buddy wants the puppy so that is why I want pick of the litter. He knows my dog and likes the ability to at least control half the genetics.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Bott what if my dog votes Democrat?
BenFiasco14
AG
Quote:

Male

White
Racist
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
SteveBott
AG
Does he have any choice in Travis?
expresswrittenconsent
SteveBott said:

I do not care about stupid stars or stupid posters opinions. I have the dog because my wife refused to get another Lab which I have owned for twenty years. She was tired of the shed, which was considerable, and this dog does not shed and hypoallergenic. It has great traits and my buddy wants the puppy so that is why I want pick of the litter. He knows my dog and likes the ability to at least control half the genetics.

At least you were honest here instead of that earlier BS about wanting your special buddy to "get some".
SteveBott
AG
I didn't feel I owed an explanation
expresswrittenconsent
You certainly dont, but when you (unsolicited) offer up some weird sheet about wanting to help old goober get his rocks off before he gets snipped, people are going to laugh at you because of the stupidity.
SteveBott
AG
I don't consider it stupid.
Lynch
Jesus, move this thread to the central Texas board.
AggieOO
Poodles
Complete Idiot
I audibly laugh every time I see the thread title.
AgGrad99
AG
Dang.

Why is there so much push back on this thread, for a poster wanting to breed his dog? Good gosh. I though the OP was pretty clear what he wanted to do, and thought it was a funny way of asking it. People are too dang critical sometimes.

I have a labradoodle (spayed though). I'll never get another dog that sheds again. Ever.

Steve, if you breed with a lab, there is a chance the litter still sheds. Breed with another Labradoodle or Goldendoodle.
Complaint Investigator
AG
Breed your dog to whatever, just please at least get health clearances. It's under the cost of one puppy for all CHIC health clearances, and a full embark DNA panel. I think I was in total for just over $500 on my female for OFA and a full Embark DNA test, plus an additional test from UC Davis for a specific gene in the breed I own.
SteveBott
AG
Good to know. I will talk to my Aggie vet if this is needed. He is extremely healthy but at 18 months that is not say much.

Again poodles do not have much genetic problems,

I have an offer from an Aussie owner. Curious anyone have an opinion?

Edit I have a twin thread in OB and thought I was replying to it. But I'll leave my wrong forum response.

Oh cbr don't worry about me diving into the muck in OB. This is a tough crowd and I know that coming in. I'm a 17 year poster and was the only outed Mod this site has ever had. I took my share of 'shade' during that time. I have internet elephant skin.
SteveBott
AG
Grad yes second gen doodle has more value with the no shed trait. But labs and Golden's have some traits that are desirable. I just do not want to get in the breeding game. So not going to search out those opportunities.

I posted here because we are Ags and I'd feel much more comfortable leaving my dog for 2-3 weeks at someone's house
Born Maroon
AG
Potcake said:

This is about you, not him. He doesn't care about "the real thing". He should be neutered for health reasons not to mention unneeded puppies.
Bet you're a lot of fun at party...
Potcake
AG
Was that cathartic for you?
rather be fishing
AG
Anyone else think Potcake and Born Maroon have secret crushes on each other?
Potcake
AG

Complaint Investigator
AG
You need to get x-rays as well - poodles tend to have patella issues. I'd x-ray hips, elbows and get patellas evaluated. Seemingly healthy and actually healthy are two different things. X-rays can tell you structurally if he has anything going on. The Embark test will tell you about genetic issues.

Again - cheap insurance and you'll see issues with dysplasia sooner rather than later and know to prepare for any future issues.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.