Austin
Sponsored by

Roll call for not watering yet this Summer

1,895 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SteveBott
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With all the rain, and the perfect spacing, we haven't watered lawn or plants yet this Spring/Summer. Grass is out of control green and having to mow every 5-6 days. Got utility bill today, we used ~5000 less gallons in June than last year (7500 to 2500). I fear it's about to change though.
rather be fishing
AG
Same. I missed a mow last weekend because I was out of town and the yard was a jungle. Hopefully we can get another good soak or 2 in July.
SteveBott
AG
Twice since last October
Aggietaco
AG
My Nelson rain tractor has been sitting idle for quite some time. I don't have an HOA so no one forces me to waste drinking water on grass.
Billy Foster
AG
I'm with Steve. Have not watered since the fall of 2018- in NW Austin.
Potcake
AG
We broke down and watered yesterday. Now it's pouring.
SteveBott
AG
I'm usually doing the exact same damn thing. I got lucky in that I had already decided to water tonight but rain came before I could start the system
rather be fishing
AG
Potcake said:

We broke down and watered yesterday. Now it's pouring.

Ye of little faith
Potcake
AG
Grass was getting a little crunchy and the KXAN 7 day had 0%. I wake up this morning and there are small percentages everyday and a potential Gulf storm coming. I'll take it though.
AggieOO
it was an absolute torrential downpour in north austin last night for about 25-30 minutes. Guessing RR, cedar park, leander, and georgetown all got some too.
stardustag
AG
pretty good stretch for almost a year now. We have 5000 gallon rain water collection tank and it's pretty much been full since end of last summer (2018)... so lately I've been watering out of it for the heck of it because if not, no more water goes in there anyways. I don't have any lawn though... it's all for garden beds and fruit trees.
chipotle
almost watered this week...then BAM!....mofo'in rain came it.
Bobcat-Ag
I don't water. I just let nature do it's thing.
Hanrahan
AG
watered ONCE since last october in west austin. So awesome. I'm saving $4-500 a month so far this spring/summer.
SteveBott
AG
Love the rain. Maybe some more this weekend. Otherwise sprinklers go live. It's July.
AggieOO
More rain tonight in North Austin.
The InTIMidator
AG
In Leander and I have not yet turned on my Rachio app for sprinkling the lawn this year. It's been turned off since October 30.
SteveBott
AG
Well looks like my system gets turned on tonight
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.