Austin
Sponsored by

Corruption of Mayors office exposed

3 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by austinag1997
regio
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Adler told the commission he didn't know anything...

350k minus the Mayor office skim

Rodriguez's job with the city involved serving as a liaison to two community groups<paid 350k> including the Latino HealthCare Forum, which helped enroll low-income residents for insurance.

Walter Moreau, executive director of Foundation Communities, said in an interview Thursday that he found the situation frustrating.

"When we applied for city funding, it was just kind of understood that Latino HealthCare Forum has to get half the money <350k>... but they never had the numbers," he said. "It was frustrating, but we just sort of accepted that's the way politics are."

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190613/panel-adlers-aide-violated-citys-ethics-rules-by-taking-cut-from-contracts
aTm papi
I still can't believe the people voted against the proposal that wanted transparency in the city. I remember the city council being very much against it.
TwoTimeAg
AG
aTm papi said:

I still can't believe the people voted against the proposal that wanted transparency in the city. I remember the city council being very much against it.
Anyone who has dealt with Austin city govt. knows why they do not want transparency.
austinag1997
AG
I don't agree with Adler's policies, but having worked with him on eminent domain issues before he became mayor, I believe he was unaware of the payments.

He never struck me as corrupt.
Furlock Bones
AG
aTm papi said:

Yup. Just absurd. Passed a bunch of bs bonds with zero accountability.
BiochemAg97
AG
aTm papi said:

Did you see how they phrased that on the ballot. Emphasized the cost and the duplication of the city hired accountants work. Not really surprised a bunch of random voters saw that as a waste of money.
rather be fishing
AG
I haven't seen any coverage of this from any of the local news channels.
HTownAg98
austinag1997 said:

I don't agree with Adler's policies, but having worked with him on eminent domain issues before he became mayor, I believe he was unaware of the payments.

Same here. He was always a fierce advocate for his clients, but never did anything remotely close to being unethical. This reads like someone just using his position as a higher-up in government for no good, and keeping his boss in the dark.
tailgatetimer10
AG
aTm papi said:

This still stings. Landslide vote, as well
Martin Cash
AG
austinag1997 said:

Not corrupt. Just dumb as a box of rocks.
Aggieangler93
AG
aTm papi said:

Did you just move to Austin?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
rather be fishing
AG
The thing that's super ridiculous about that audit bond was that it was the only one that didn't pass.

So you get all the loose spending with no oversight.
aTm papi
^^^^ x1000
austinag1997
AG
Martin Cash said:

austinag1997 said:

Not corrupt. Just dumb as a box of rocks.

He is far from that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.