Austin
Sponsored by

Santa Rita Ranch?

4,964 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Complete Idiot
kpe2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My husband has accepted a new job in the Austin area and we are looking to buy a house in Georgetown. Santa Rita Ranch has peaked my interested, and I wanted to see if anyone had some feedback on the development. Good or bad. Thanks in advance!
oldarmy76
It's a good community with great amenities. Lots of outdoor activity nearby. You are stuck between liberty hill (a couple restaurants) and Georgetown (really great town but a 15 min drive from Santa Rita to get downtown). Commercial will come into the area, but it will be a couple more years.

Hope the commute isn't any further than north Austin?

I live nearby if you have any other specific questions.
Bob_Ag
AG
Decent difference between Santa Rita Ranch south and north (also called Tierra Rosa). The north section generally has better lot sizes (60s, 65s, and 70s) and you will see home prices are a little on the higher end. The south section will have a little more density and the home values will range a little lower. Lots of different builders in the subdivision. Amenities are pretty nice, particularly on the north side. There is a difference in school zoning between the north and south sections if that matters to you.

Other communities you might consider in the area area Morningstar which is directly south and slighty to the east, but still along Ronald Reagan Blvd and Rancho Sienna. Both are similar type master planned communities with several amenities and a wide array of builders and sections. Of course there are even more communities along Highway 29, 183, and Ronald Reagan, but those two are probably the most similar to Santa Rita Ranch and pretty close by.

Like oldarmy mentioned, the commute to Austin from there is a pretty decent ways away. Something to consider. I frequently work in these communities so let me know if you need any more information.
kpe2000
Thank you both for your input! I'm sure I'll have more questions as our search continues.
TxAgg07
AG
I'm a builder in Santa Rita. Good neighborhood and the developer does a really good job with the amenities. They do quite a bit of events for homeowners such as wine night, food trucks, poker nights, etc.

If I was looking in that area the two communities I'd look at are Santa Rita and Rancho Sienna. Let me know if you have any other questions about SRR.
Baby Billy
AG
All kinds of new developments on 29, Ronald reagan, and 183 in that area. All within 5-10 miles of each other.

Spend a day driving around and looking.
BQ_00
AG
We moved to this area two years ago. If you have kids, Liberty Hill is a great school district. To the point of some other posters here, there are several semi odd school district lines. We're not far off of 29 and our street is Liberty Hill School District, while our neighbors on the next street over are Georgetown.

We like the area. Commercial places are a bit of a drive, but we can get to most things we want in 20 minutes. There are several commercial businesses starting to build on 29 and on Reagan. A new HEB will be opening on the SE corner of 29 and Reagan which will draw more commercial.
AgMomofTwo
BQ: Really a HEB on 29 & RR? When is that happening? Haven't heard that! Yay!!
BQ_00
AG
AgMomofTwo said:

BQ: Really a HEB on 29 & RR? When is that happening? Haven't heard that! Yay!!

That's the rumor. Land around it is being sold with that expectation.

https://images-landsofamerica-com.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w1200/s/images.landsofamerica.com/resizedimages/1280/2048/w/50/2-3787851871
AgMomofTwo
BQ: That would be awesome!! Fingers crossed that HEB comes this way!! Thanks for sharing :-)
Complete Idiot
HEB wanted to build at RR and 2243 but nearby property owners fought against it successfully.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.