Austin
Sponsored by

Summer softball for 10 year old daughter

1,315 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wabs
sdc177
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Daughter just finished 10U spring league here in Lago Vista and our league is too small to support all stars but she wants to play through summer. All I've found so far is RBI Austin which could be significant travel for us. Are there any other options?
ATXAdvisor
AG
Your best bet is try and find a club playing tourneys.

This bulletin board has teams that are looking for players:
http://gnswebsvcs.com/phpbb/fastpitchsoftball/viewforum.php?f=79

There is also a Facebook group for Central Tx Softball that frequently has posts from teams looking for players:
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=277835805708232&ref=content_filter

The issue with club ball is that you will likely spend many weekends driving to Round Rock,Georgetown, Seguin, Waco, etc to play tourneys. But that may be better than driving to Austin during the week for the RBI program (mainly East Austin).
HECUBUS
AG
Great age for Rec volleyball. It seems that is the most available year round sports for young ladies. We have a twelve year old that started volleyball at age nine after having played softball, soccer and gymnastics since age four. She has played volleyball year round since age eleven. She played on her 7th grade team and they won District. That was a blast! One club team just ended and the next one starts next Monday.

Long ramble short, Rec volleyball is a blast at age ten. Softball was never competitive in these parts at that age and not a lot of fun for the girls either.
tamc93
AG
Check with CPYL...they used to allow kids to play on their all-star teams from Lago etc for that reason.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
sdc177
AG
ATXAdvisor said:

Your best bet is try and find a club playing tourneys.

This bulletin board has teams that are looking for players:
http://gnswebsvcs.com/phpbb/fastpitchsoftball/viewforum.php?f=79

There is also a Facebook group for Central Tx Softball that frequently has posts from teams looking for players:
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=277835805708232&ref=content_filter

The issue with club ball is that you will likely spend many weekends driving to Round Rock,Georgetown, Seguin, Waco, etc to play tourneys. But that may be better than driving to Austin during the week for the RBI program (mainly East Austin).

Thanks for this! That looks like serious business and probably waaaaay over what we can afford but I will keep watching.
sdc177
AG
HECUBUS said:

Great age for Rec volleyball. It seems that is the most available year round sports for young ladies. We have a twelve year old that started volleyball at age nine after having played softball, soccer and gymnastics since age four. She has played volleyball year round since age eleven. She played on her 7th grade team and they won District. That was a blast! One club team just ended and the next one starts next Monday.

Long ramble short, Rec volleyball is a blast at age ten. Softball was never competitive in these parts at that age and not a lot of fun for the girls either.
Absolutely! She actually just finished Spring volleyball @ Spike Frog in Cedar Park as well (played that and softball at the same time). That was her 3rd season of volleyball. She has also played 5 seasons of soccer, 5 seasons of basketball, 2 seasons of teeball as well as gymnastics & tennis lessons.

She is quite an athlete and although this was her first season of softball she was the first pick in the draft and ended up pitching after a couple lessons at D-Bat. Anyhow, she has fallen in love with softball so we want to get her more opportunities to play and especially pitch. I am super happy with this as I was a baseball player and I can coach her on 100% everything but the pitching part (I also coached the team this season).

But totally agree with volleyball - no rain outs, climate controlled and really fun to watch!
sdc177
AG
tamc93 said:

Check with CPYL...they used to allow kids to play on their all-star teams from Lago etc for that reason.
Thank you! I emailed all 3 softball contacts listed on their site. I think we had already decided to register her there for fall ball as Lago only does spring season.
HECUBUS
AG
Awesome! Kids are fun.
ATXAdvisor
AG
sdc177 said:

tamc93 said:

Thank you! I emailed all 3 softball contacts listed on their site. I think we had already decided to register her there for fall ball as Lago only does spring season.

If y'all play PONY, any league that you play games against should be able to put her on their All Star team.
tamc93
AG
sdc177 said:

tamc93 said:

Wish I could help more, but my kids aged out already and I only know a couple of the baseball folks still.

FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Wabs
AG
ATXAdvisor said:

sdc177 said:

tamc93 said:

If y'all play PONY, any league that you play games against should be able to put her on their All Star team.
CPYL plays Lago Vista teams
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.