Austin
Sponsored by

71 between 35 and 360 look east

2,378 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PabloSerna
TRADUCTOR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
San Fran style
AggieZoom
AG
well if only we could find a way to keep all these californians away... but sadly that will never happen.
petey88

Just wondering, I read here a few months ago there was a tent city below 35 and 6th st. Is it still there ?

I'm avoiding Austin, been hanging out at Lake Travis and Johnson City.
BenFiasco14
AG
Yes, under the 35 bridge. That area is basically a permanent hobo camp at this point.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
rather be fishing
AG
I wouldn't call it a tent city like you see in Seattle/Portland, but lots of people sleeping on the ground.

Under the elevated portion of 183, there's a couple of people that have an entire house worth of stuff.

At one point there was a guy that had a full sized bed frame and mattress set up. Looked like a damn studio apartment.
petey88

Yesterday saw a group of six or so early afternoon hanging out by 183 & Spicewood Springs. They did look like more than temporary with tables
The Silverback
AG
Overpass right across from Central Market at the 71/290/360/Lamar intersection is insane. Must be 50+ people living under there.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Camps tucked throughout the Y in Oak Hill. There are also cars with tents parked along Williamson Creek behind the Circle K.
Potcake
AG
Awesome, Forum 16 just had diarrhea on the Austin board.
MaroonStain
AG
What are your solutions, guys? Firing squads, imprisonment, true asylums or continue to b**** about something that has occurred in large cities since Adam and Eve?
Btron
AG
290 and Cameron rd
TRADUCTOR

all over
BenFiasco14
AG
Potcake said:

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
MaroonStain said:

What are your solutions, guys? Firing squads, imprisonment, true asylums or continue to b**** about something that has occurred in large cities since Adam and Eve?

?itemid=11755896
Potcake
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Potcake said:

Couldn't agree more. I is smart, I is kind, I is important. Thanks for noticing.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
There is never a solution with these types of people. 95% of them don't want help. What they do want is your money for booze and drugs. Take take take it's all they do.
ATXAdvisor
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

There is never a solution with these types of people. 95% of them don't want help. What they do want is your money for booze and drugs. Take take take it's all they do.

Alan Graham at Community First! Village would disagree. https://mlf.org/community-first/

PabloSerna
AG
ATXAdvisor said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

Alan Graham at Community First! Village would disagree. https://mlf.org/community-first/

Great book by Alan, "Welcome Homeless" - will challenge your opinion about this very subject.

+Pablo
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.