Austin
Sponsored by

Travisso

6,037 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by texag06ish
tclub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone live out there? Do you love it? How are taxes and schools? My wife and I were in the area for a wedding and stumbled upon it. We live in dfw but have been looking around in the hill country and fell in love with the neighborhood.
Bob_Ag
AG
We're looking as well in that area and drove through Travisso. It's a nice subdivision that goes pretty high up. Not sure on taxes but they are probably high just like everywhere else. We didn't like that all the fencing is metal with no privacy. A lot of the lots are also unlevel with significant sloping, but that's not uncommon when you move west of town.

Another place we are going to look at is Trento which is just across 1431 from Travisso.
tamc93
AG
Taxes etc are probably about "average" (which sucks) for the area.

The only real considerations I see:

• where your office will be - 1431 can be a beating at times and if you work downtown your commute can be a beating.
  • shopping/restaurants - there is not much out there, but Cedar Park has most of what you normally need.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
tclub
Thanks for the info guys! Not sure why I even asked about taxes I knew they were going to be high.

I'll be working from home and if I need to get out and visit clients I make my own schedule. So most of the time I'll avoid traffic.

It's so nice out there, we really loved it!
tamc93
AG
No worries. I reread your OP.

Schools - In general, LISD has great schools and are better than average for a large district. With that said, the schools that Travisso appears to feed into are probably below average in the district (still not bad, just not the top in the district. I am sure there is more data than this post you that you can find (if needed).

Also, you will learn to avoid any meeting before 10:30 and after 3:00 downtown.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Dr T and the Women
AG
I have a lot of friends that live there. It is the most social community I have ever seen.

1. it is beautiful
2. great people and lots of Ags
3. high tax rate (MUD) but lower price than similar closer in so tax would be a wash.
4. elementary is probably better than rated. they pull some lower income students and unfortunately performance and SE are highly correlated in this country. I know the principal there
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tclub
Great info! Thx everyone!
Artorias
AG
Have some friends who moved out there last summer. They started their kids in the public schools there, which I believe was Leander Middle and Leander High. After Christmas, they pulled their kids from those schools and moved them to Lago Vista, where they own a lakehouse. Apparently they thought the Leander schools were less than desirable.

Leander ISD overall is highly regarded. It is a pretty large school district which includes Cedar Park, Steiner Ranch, etc. The Leander public schools are probably the lower end of schools in the district.
The Fall Guy
AG
I did the aerial mapping for Travisso if that counts
thach
AG
As someone who grew up on Nameless Road, the translation of Travisso is "blight on the hill country."
Leander - Ag
AG
Live in Crystal falls near by. Moved from McKinney 8 yrs ago.

Have a freshman at Leander high. Schools are on par with McKinney if not better.
sdc177
AG
Travisso
The InTIMidator
AG
Bought a home on 3.4 acres in Crystal Falls Grand Mesa three years ago. Travisso is the development that cleared much of the land my neighborhood overlooks, and built a sea of rooftops. Wildlife was forced to find a new habitat among ever shrinking options, like my green belt property.
NFLFAN
AG
And the development of Crystal Falls/Grand Mesa definitely didn't clear any land and displace any animals when it was created.
texag06ish
AG
Did you wind up buying in Travisso?
tclub
No we just can't decide what we want to do. Still considering it.
texag06ish
AG
Where else are you looking?
PabloSerna
AG
travesio - spanish for stubborn
texag06ish
AG
We wound up buying in Travisso from Taylor Morrison. We're really excited about the neighborhood.
tclub
That's awesome congrats!! We were looking at Taylor Morrison. We decided to stay in dfw and just signed a contract to build in prosper. We really wanted to move down there but both of us were just nervous for the change. I'm lucky that I can live wherever as long as I'm in Texas.
QBCade
AG
Is Taylor M another home builder? Is that in the same dev as the tollbrothers homes?
texag06ish
AG
Yes
QBCade
AG
Why did you choose them over Toll Brothers?
AggiePeeps06
AG
Following this thread. Wife and I have been talking about moving our young family to Austin area. I advise a few small businesses and startups there and as an entrepreneur myself, Dallas is just too corporate for me. However, we know hardly anyone there and have a lot of family in Dallas which makes it comfortable here.
texag06ish
AG
The floor plan met our needs and the view from the back patio is really nice. Based on the current development plans our view shouldn't change much (hopefully).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.