Austin
Sponsored by

Texas Chili Parlor

2,687 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rather be fishing
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I are planning on going for chili on Sunday. It's been a few years so I was going to check the menu. Their website is in what looks like Bahasa Indonesia. WTF?
http://txchiliparlor.com
rather be fishing
AG
WTH?

ETA: maybe they've just entered it? https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Austin/comments/8c4trh/wtf_happened_to_texas_chili_parlors_website/
BQ78
AG
The help is doubling down on reliving their 60s dope smoking
RDV-1992
Potcake said:

Wife and I are planning on going for chili on Sunday. It's been a few years so I was going to check the menu. Their website is in what looks like Bahasa Indonesia. WTF?
http://txchiliparlor.com
Its been about a year since I've eaten there. IMO the chili is mediocre at best. But you might like it. The place definitely has an old Austin feel.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Get a mad dog margarita they are horrible
rugger74
AG
Stop in for the nostalgia and have a beer. Then leave. Nothing special about the chili.
Bobcat-Ag
It has been a few years since I have eaten there, but the black bean and Elgin sausage chili was pretty good.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
Best restaurant in Austin. Not pretentious. Food is consistent. Bad, good, whatever, it's consistent and inexpensive. The Chili Parlor represents everything that made Austin cool in the 70's. Enjoy the trip down memory lane.

There never was a "Mad Dog Margarita". Guy Clark's "Dublin Blues" had all the tourists requesting one so they created it.
Throwout
AG
rugger74 said:

Stop in for the nostalgia and have a beer. Then leave. Nothing special about the chili.
This.
CTGilley
AG
The enchiladas are pretty awesome.
aggieboro
AG
What? Mad dog margaritas have spawned all great ideas throughout humans existence including hospitals, Copenhagen, bikinis and storm sewage waste water systems.

Mad dawgs are the best
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I listened to an interview with one of the bartenders and they talked about how no one finshes them they areso bad
Potcake
AG
I just asked the guy about website and he said they don't have one. Seemed kind of annoyed, I guess he gets asked a lot.
rather be fishing
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.