Austin
Sponsored by

Mountain Lion in Leander Subdivision

1,740 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by O'Doyle Rules
Aston 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also posted on Outdoors board. Looks like a small one, but it sure looks like a mountain lion to me.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/mountain-lion-spotted-on-outdoor-home-security-camera-in-leander
OregonAggie
AG
That's definitely a mountain lion. Young but a mountain lion for sure.

Not too surprising to have one around there with all the open space around Leander. I'm in Dripping and heard one screaming for about 5-10 minutes one night. Pretty dang cool.
Aston 91
AG
I'm in northwest Austin and there are plenty of greenbelts around me, but I've only heard (and seen) coyotes and foxes. Would be neat to hear a mountain lion, but not sure that will ever happen.
Charpie
AG
Are you on Nextdoor? There is at least one thread a week about coyotes in the neighborhood. I've seen foxes walking down my street..and have heard the coyotes. There are also plenty of deer around still
Aston 91
AG
I've seen some of the Nextdoor posts about coyotes, but I don't go to that site too often. I've seen coyotes early in the morning walking down our street and had an encounter with a fox early one morning before dawn. It came out in the middle of the street and started barking aggressively at me and my 65 pound dog. I thought it might be rabid or something until I saw the pups it was protecting. The fox wasn't that big, but he/she meant business.
Aust Ag
AG
Plenty of coyotes out in NW Austin, always sort of sad when people post "Lost cat" signs out here....I'm thinking, "The big dogs got it"....you ain't gonna see that cat again.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
The soccer moms will not be happy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.