Austin
Sponsored by

CP Area Gun Smith

1,366 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Spider69
Spider69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for recommendations for a "good" gunsmith in Cedar Park area to refurbish my Dad's old Remington 11-48 shotgun and maybe machine the barrel to install a choke system. It'll go my younger son ('01) when in good condition.
CTGilley
AG
Try the OB. I am in Pflugerville and I have asked but no luck. I still take mine to Bryan.
johnson2012
AG
I have used for McBride's a couple times for overhauling a second hand buy and they turned out great both times. Nothing too intensive, but they had quick turnaround and were able to get them working like new. I can't recall exact prices, but they were definitely proud of their work and not afraid to price accordingly. The main selling point for me was that it is right on my way to work.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I'm a big fan of Blackjack Gunsmithing on Pond Spring Road. McBrides is ok, they do good enough work, but I don't like waiting 30'ish days to get a gun back from them. Talk to A.J. at Blackjack, the guy knows his stuff.
Spider69
AG
Thanks for advice. It's at Blackjack's getting refurbished! I've got a dual tread over in the Outdoors Board where I'll post any finished pics. I'm not messing with any choke stuff, just stock refinishing, coating metal parts, & checking everything. Should be out in 3-4 weeks or less.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.