Austin
Sponsored by

High end Wedding planner..?

3,028 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by who?mikejones
NurseC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy!
I grew up in Lakeway and my family still lives in the Austin area. My sister is recently engaged and she and her fiance are looking for a "high end" wedding planner (must be nice haha).

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thank you!
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Hooray for $75k weddings
NurseC
AG
I have a feeling it may exceed that *eye roll*
BenFiasco14
AG
NurseC said:

Howdy!
I grew up in Lakeway and my family still lives in the Austin area. My sister is recently engaged and she and her fiance are looking for a "high end" wedding planner (must be nice haha).

Thank you!
I suggest looking in Killeen!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
AggieOO
High end? I'll do it! Lol.

I planned my wedding, and have a crapload of event production experience. Its easy to do high end, just mark everything up 20x what it would normally cost.

When we planned our wedding, I forbid my wife from mentioning anything about a wedding until after we got quotes. The difference between calling a caterer and saying "I'm having a party" and "I'm having a wedding" is astronomical.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
All the really good high end ones I have heard of only take personal referrals from other people but yeah 75k would be a a minimum number
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
That trick works for some but not all places. For instance a high end venue, say the Driscoll is going to cost the same on most Saturdays.
TamuKid
AG
NurseC said:

Howdy!

Thank you!

Check out Eclipse Event Co.
https://www.facebook.com/EclipseEventCo/
https://www.eclipseeventco.com/home

Edit:
I should also say, full disclosure... this is my Sister-in-law's company.
They planned our wedding and did a great job.
They've planned some ridiculous weddings (over $350k).
AggieOO
Keeper of The Spirits said:

That trick works for some but not all places. For instance a high end venue, say the Driscoll is going to cost the same on most Saturdays.

If you couldn't tell, I wasn't doing a high end wedding. I'm cheap.

But when I was doing event production in new York, I used similar tricks.
evan_aggie
AG
$75k into a home all day everyday over a big party.
chipotle
O'Doyle Rules said:

Hooray for $75k weddings

75? LOLpoors
MouthBQ98
AG
Conspicuous consumption in front of an audience that all knows you better than that.

Pretty pointless.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Unless 75k doesn't matter that much. If I make 1M a year, I don't but many people at big firms do, that's the equivalent of $7,500 for someone who makes 100k.

evan_aggie
AG
$7500 is a hefty chunk if I make $130k, pay $30k in taxes, plug $19k into a 401k, and another $15k-$20k into a mortgage + another $10k in property taxes.

But yes....I get your point.
ByrdEWhiteTrash
AG
Valerie Miller Events

http://www.valeriemillerevents.com/

I coached one of the girls who will be assisting with the wedding
Bobcat-Ag
Something to Celebrate

https://www.somethingtocelebrate.com/jessica/

This is a friend of mine and her company does a lot of events and mainly Weddings. She is great and very detail oriented.
A New Hope
Complete waste of money. I don't care how much you make. People always overspend on one night that no one remembers.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I am definitely in a different camp than you, if you have it and want to do it spend. I also enjoy throwing big parties,(not 75k) and I'd say if you don't remember it, you either did it wrong or really right. Id much rather have spent that than die with it in my bank account.

If you ain't spending it, your drowning in it - Mc Hammer
AgMomofTwo
We used Pearl Events for my daughter's wedding in 2014 and Becky was fantastic!! Highly recommend her!! http://pearleventsaustin.com
Aust Ag
AG
Fedup said:

Complete waste of money. I don't care how much you make. People always overspend on one night that no one remembers.
Agreed. I have a 17 yr old daughter, who watches that Wedding dress show all the time. I'd rather give her a big chunk of money to put into a house than a wedding, and have a small intimate wedding and a reasonably priced wedding dress. But that makes way too much sense, and we all know weddings and all that comes with it is not about "what's sensible".

So yeah, I'm screwed. Hopefully the wedding takes place long enough after college (along with her twin brother) to allow me to financially recover.
Martin Q. Blank
Fedup said:

Disagree. I've been to a couple of "high end" weddings. They were awesome and I definitely remember them.
powerbelly
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

Hooray for $75k weddings
He said high end.
BQWife03
AG
Another vote for Eclipse! They did my friends wedding in 2017, and it was over the top! As in I will probably never in my lifetime see another wedding like that one. I toured venues with my friend and Lauren was great to work with (from my small interaction then, at another meeting with her, and weekend of). If you do call them, ask to see pics/portfolio from the November 18 wedding at Lost Pines in 2017.
Red Rover
AG
I feel I should comment - I would not give a good rec for having the reception at the S.F. Austin Intercontinental. We had ours there and there were promises that didn't get fulfilled and me and my groomsmen had to do a lot more additional legwork the weekend of to make it run as smoothly as it did. Not a terrible experience and didn't ruin the reception or anything, but there was no communication about some major items that didn't allow us to plan for issues and there were some promises as far as the facilities that were not even attempted to be fulfilled.

It's been more than a decade ago, so personnel and the hotel's performance may have changed. But I guess buyer beware.
Red Rover
AG
Aust Ag said:

Fedup said:

Agreed. I have a 17 yr old daughter, who watches that Wedding dress show all the time. I'd rather give her a big chunk of money to put into a house than a wedding, and have a small intimate wedding and a reasonably priced wedding dress. But that makes way too much sense, and we all know weddings and all that comes with it is not about "what's sensible".

So yeah, I'm screwed. Hopefully the wedding takes place long enough after college (along with her twin brother) to allow me to financially recover.
My father-in-law offered this and I tried to talk my fiancee into it, but no dice. Princess gonna princess. Funny thing is about 5 years ago we went to a small wedding and out of the blue she commented that she probably should have opted for a less fancy wedding. Oh well. We have some nice videography and my friends still talk our reception and the ridiculousness related to their after-party antics, so I guess it was worth it for someone.
who?mikejones
AG
Red Rover said:

Aust Ag said:

Fedup said:

My father-in-law offered this and I tried to talk my fiancee into it, but no dice. Princess gonna princess. Funny thing is about 5 years ago we went to a small wedding and out of the blue she commented that she probably should have opted for a less fancy wedding. Oh well. We have some nice videography and my friends still talk our reception and the ridiculousness related to their after-party antics, so I guess it was worth it for someone.

My fil didnt even give us the choice. He handed me a 5 figure wad of cash and said dont ask him for anything else.

I touched that money once and never saw it again sadly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.