Austin
Sponsored by

Burner trail of lights

1,085 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BenFiasco14
beastinBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry, but I've never been, and wanted some input. Is this a walking event, or are you supposed to drive? The chamber website doesn't come out and say it. Also, they hype it up pretty big. Is it pretty cool? I'm thinking of taking my 3 and 5 yr old.
tlepoC
AG
Walking. Not very cool. Kinda cheesy and cheap feeling. Would likely be cool memories for the little ones but not for you.
Aggieangler93
AG
While you are in the area, the ones in Marble Falls are OK for kids walking. They usually have Santa there for free pics, and also some Girl Scouts selling Hot Cocoa and cookies. It is on the banks of the river, so dress those little ones warmly, if it is cold out. We usually try and get by Bluebonnet Cafe for a piece of pie too, which makes the trip tolerable for Dads.

Note: They are not the vastly over-commercialized massively crowded ones you will see in Austin.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
expresswrittenconsent
There used to be/may still be one in Round Rock you could drive through.
Honestly, though it's much worse being stuck in a super slow moving line of cars where you are trapped for 2 hours rather than walking the trail of lights where you go through as fast or slow as you want.
My preference to either is just getting in the car and driving through a few neighborhoods to look at lights.
It helps that 1 block over the neighbors do it up like they used to do on 37th street and Guadalupe 10+ yrs ago.
BenFiasco14
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

While you are in the area, the ones in Marble Falls are OK for kids walking. They usually have Santa there for free pics, and also some Girl Scouts selling Hot Cocoa and cookies. It is on the banks of the river, so dress those little ones warmly, if it is cold out. We usually try and get by Bluebonnet Cafe for a piece of pie too, which makes the trip tolerable for Dads.

Note: They are not the vastly over-commercialized massively crowded ones you will see in Austin.
I'm interested in this. Any link or further info? When do they do it? Or is it just kinda like the "lights" in Lampasas where you just go see it whenever you want for all of five minutes?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.