Austin
Sponsored by

Pre-K in Round Rock?

884 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TamuKid
TamuKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried searching for a bit but couldn't find anything.
We're looking for a Pre-K school in Round Rock. We're moving near Forest Creek.

Does anyone have any recommendations, either for or against, a school?
We looked at the two nearest schools Primrose and Kids R Kids.
Both seemed underwhelming compared to the Montessori school our son goes to now.
And there is a $220/month price difference between the two, but that didn't seem reflected in our visits at all.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
neutics
AG
Ok with a faith-based pre-K?
jopatura
AG
They didn't have the openings we needed at the time but I was really impressed with Harmony Hill Preschool. We go to a Pre-K in Pflugerville now.
who?mikejones
AG
I am. Im in the same boat as op.
neutics
AG
who?mikejones said:

I am. Im in the same boat as op.

Our son has been at Council Oak for 1.5 years now and has made incredible strides and loves going. They have two or three day a week options for 3-4 yo and also a 4-day called Ready Rockets for those who plan to delay school another year (which we likely will due to sons b-day in late August)

My wife is the smart one and researched the options and talked to every mom she knows and this was one of two that always got rave reviews. The demand is pretty high so if you are serious plan on getting there super early on the registration day to stand in line.

http://counciloakpreschool.org
who?mikejones
AG
We're on the wait list
johnson2012
AG
I went to council oak for preschool. Don't remember it, but I made it through A&M just fine so it must have laid a solid base.
discobrob
AG
Round Rock Christian Academy
King Koda
AG
All 3 of our kids went to that Primrose. It was pretty good until the ownership change about 4 years ago. There was major turnover and it went downhill since then and we took our youngest out to stay with grandma for his last year before entering kindergarten at Blackland Prairie this fall. I think ownership changed again earlier this year but I'm not positive.
FYI - we are in Lake Forest.
neutics
AG
King Koda said:

All 3 of our kids went to that Primrose. It was pretty good until the ownership change about 4 years ago. There was major turnover and it went downhill since then and we took our youngest out to stay with grandma for his last year before entering kindergarten at Blackland Prairie this fall. I think ownership changed again earlier this year but I'm not positive.
FYI - we are in Lake Forest.
Lake Forest resident here too...how do you like Blackland Prairie so far? Wife is strongly lobbying for private or charter yet I've heard nothing but good things about BP so am inclined to have my son at least try out a top rated school that we can walk to from our house.
Bob_Ag
AG
My son went to Kid R Kids and he still goes there for after school care from Kindergarten (which they also pick him up). The school was great and Karen the director does a good job. They have cameras and price includes meals. Plus he seemed well prepared for elementary school, way more so than I ever was.

Honestly, we wanted a place that was reasonably priced, safe, and not a complete pain in the ass to drop off/pick up from work. I'm sure you can pay a lot more money and get a lot more, but at the end of the day we knew our kid was headed to grand old public education afterwards. No need to spoil him before reality sets in.
King Koda
AG
BPE has been good for my kids. I have a 6th grader who went all K-5 at BPE, a 5th grader and Kindergartner still there. They have all had good experiences so far. It is one of the better RRISD elementary schools.
TamuKid
AG
I'm not opposed to faith-based options at all. But my wife and I aren't religious; and I'm honestly not sure how that works. I think I'd feel awkward not being a member of the church/community myself.

Appreciate some of the feedback on Primrose and KRK. I wish there was a Montessori closer to the Lake Forest/Forest Creek area. We're at One World Montessori on Parmer now and love it. They have a sister school off O'Connor, but it'd be quite a bit out of the way. The convenience of Primrose and KRK will likely lead us to one of those two.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.