Austin
Sponsored by

Traffic question 79-45-620

1,268 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DTP02
DTP02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm getting up way too early to drive in from CS to Avery Ranch to play golf Thurs morning. Google tells me traffic won't be bad, which is good because I don't want to get up any earlier than I already am. But I wanted to check in with locals to verify.

Looks like the fastest route is 79 to 130S to 45W to Parmer. I plan to be hitting the 79 and 130S intersection about 750am. Is what google maps is saying about traffic not being a significant issue on that route at that time correct?

TIA.
SteveBott
AG
That's the way I'd go but you should see some traffic on 79 in Hutto connecting to 130 at that time.
tamc93
AG
Agree...not too many other good choices. You will probably also hit every school zone from Rockdale to the west.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
JAW3336
AG
Definitely going to hit traffic from Taylor to Hutto and 130. Once you get on 130 should be smooth sailing.
DTP02
AG
Thanks to the input all. Sounds like I should leave a few minutes earlier.
SteveBott
AG
Probably a good idea. Hutto red lights are notoriously badly timed. I think they do it on purpose to slow traffic.
Aggieangler93
AG
Alternate route home, for different scenery or a trip by the outlet mall, would be Palmer North from Avery, Eastbound on 1431/University all the way to Taylor. Then get back on 79.

I bet I have driven RR to CS at least 1000 times.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Aggieangler93
AG
Did Slavery Ranch do to you what it usually does to me? That course rips my game apart.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
DTP02
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Did Slavery Ranch do to you what it usually does to me? That course rips my game apart.

I drove it okay but the pin placements were ridiculous and I couldn't hit an approach or make a putt all day until 18. It was pretty cold which didn't help, especially with touch shots, but yeah, it kicked my butt pretty good.

I liked the course a lot though, and it's a pretty good value I thought.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.