Austin
Sponsored by

Game watching dilemma

1,265 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Potcake
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am torn on selecting a venue for Saturday's BTHObama contest. Sips/frogs play at the SAME TIME. I would go to Cover 3 but that will likely be swamped with sip overflow.

Thoughts on alternate location...
Potcake
AG
Having sips around shouldn't be the issue, it's that most places will switch the sound to the TCU game at 3:30. I would bet that either Ross' Old Austin or Stiles Switch would have our game sound. We just decided to watch on back porch and stay out of rain.
MaroonStain
AG
Potcake you know I like to "rub elbows" with other fans. Cover 3 will hopefully have one room with sound for our game.
nancydeedavis
Came here to post the same. Should we start calling to confirm who will have on??
MaroonStain
AG
I was intending to call after 3PM today. I will update the thread as I receive info.
SteveBott
AG
Nothing on the A&M site that I could find and Willco is in Georgetown so not much help.
MaroonStain
AG
I spoke with the manager and he stated that it would be "all texas."
MaroonStain
AG
Even Shoal Creek said they would not have sound for our game...dammit...staying in...
MaroonStain
AG
UPDATE: I called B.D. Riley's (MUELLER) and they will put the game on a big screen with volume! The manager stated they are a tceh venue not so much UT but the tceh game is later in the day so 1st come, 1st serve.

It's a GOOOOO!
SteveBott
AG
I'm going to a friends house but good for you
Shooter_McGrooth
AG
Shooter_McGrooth
AG
Shooter_McGrooth
AG
Shooter_McGrooth
AG
Thanks for the heads up exactly what I came here for. Will be there!
BenFiasco14
AG
Potcake said:

Having sips around shouldn't be the issue, it's that most places will switch the sound to the TCU game at 3:30. I would bet that either Ross' Old Austin or Stiles Switch would have our game sound. We just decided to watch on back porch and stay out of rain.
Look at me, I have a back porch!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
SteveBott
AG
Back porch WITH a TV!
MaroonStain
AG
Shooter_McGrooth said:

Thanks for the heads up exactly what I came here for. Will be there!

I will be the guy in maroon shirt and adjusta ATM hat if Amazon delivers before I depart. Otherwise look for a Dodgers hat....
expresswrittenconsent
MaroonStain said:

Even Shoal Creek said they would not have sound for our game...dammit...staying in...

I thought shoal creek was a saints/lsu bar. Do they normally show the age?
MaroonStain
AG
LSU plays Latech at 6P
nancydeedavis
Stain - do you know if Riley's dirty 6th will have it on?
Potcake
AG
Stain, if you're confident on this Lori and I are going to head over there. Hope word spreads and there is a good Ag contingent. BTHObama
MaroonStain
AG
I'll be at Mueller BD Rilyes @ 130ish. DT BD Rileys peeps are on your own. KMAG YOYO not yolo.

Mueller not downtown FWIW.
MaroonStain
AG
If this rain stays steady, Shoal Creek will have more things to worry about than the Ages or who is on the tube.
expresswrittenconsent
Overnight rain in cedar park shouldn't hurt shoal creek saloon. But if they do get wet it wont be for the first time.
nancydeedavis
Cover 3 west 6th said Aggie game will be on and depending on how many Aggies show up could have sound on in one of their seating 'zones'. Just depends on how many requests they get.
Aust Ag
AG
Sounds like more ages need to show up
Potcake
AG
Just talked to manager (Eric) at BD Riley's (Mueller) and he said he could put us on patio with our on sound. Wife and I have never been there so we're going to give it a shot. Hope to see a bunch of Ags there.

ETA, thanks Maroonstain for getting the ball rolling.
512Ag
AG
Is that the place right next to the Thinkery? It's totally cool to dump my 3, 5, and 7 year old there while I go nextdoor to watch the game, right? They're mostly self-sufficient.
MaroonStain
AG
I am BD Rileys now. Notre Dame is on and the manager hit me up when I walked in the door.
Potcake
AG
Come on out Ags. Only three of us so far.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.