Austin
Sponsored by

Pump Jacks / oil wells around Austin

4 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MouthBQ98
AgricultureAggie1988
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy ags,

Currently live in Boston. I'm going to be in Austin for 3 days soon, and need to record a video for an O&G professional society event.

Are there any pump jacks in the austin area? I know there are some further away if I head south 50 or so miles, but I'm sure there must be some closer? I know there are also some outside of College station, but that's a trek.

I'll be staying in the city.

- petroaggie14.

Thanks yall!
Potcake
AG
Definitely some in Luling. I think their are some closer on 79, but can't remember if they are between Hutto and Taylor or between Taylor and Thrall/Thorndale. Either way, you can score some great BBQ (Luling City Market) or Louie Mueller's in Taylor.
rather be fishing
AG
Potcake has the winner idea.

You can smell the crude when you hit the Luling city limits. Luling City Market is awesome bbq. Pick up a watermelon while you're there.

Hit Kreutz in Lockhart on the way back.
Mookie
AG
Pot cake ends the thread. Nicely done!
AgricultureAggie1988
Thanks all!

Much appreciated
MouthBQ98
AG
There are hundreds of them in a triangle between Smithville and Paige and Giddings. If you want footage of some large land rigs in operation, go a bit east of Giddings towards Carmine. Big one right off 290.
tamc93
AG
Austin Area = no oil, but we have solar panels
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Bitter Old Man
AG
Lots of rigs/wells/pumpjacks working along Hwy 21 between Bastrop and Caldwell.

Edit: The way I see it, you are driving about an hour, no matter which way. like the poster above said, there is no oil in the Austin area.
MouthBQ98
AG
Yeah, there's a couple of large triple jacks towards Caldwell off 21.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.