Austin
Sponsored by

Framing recommendations

1,263 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Driftwoodtexas
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for suggestions on a place to get two oddly sized documents framed ... is Michaels sufficient for this or should I take it somewhere else? Central/ Mueller area.

This isn't a massive job, what I want framed is just odd dimensions, like one is 8 1/2 by 14 ".

Tia!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Aston 91
AG
If it's anything that's irreplaceable, I wouldn't trust Michael's. I took two diplomas and my law license in to get framed in matching frames and mats. One came out with an entirely different frame, and my law diploma had a streak of blood across it. I guess the framer cut him or herself and didn't think I'd notice. In the end I got a new copy of my diploma, they re-framed them all at a discount and it turned out OK. This was also a Michael's in Houston several years ago, but I don't think it matters. You're at the mercy of whichever lackey they give your project to. If it's something that you can easily get another copy of and you want to try a cheap option, they may be worth a shot.
BenFiasco14
AG
One is replaceable, the other is not ... do you have an alternative recommendation? I definitely don't want blood on these things haha
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Aston 91
AG
Sorry - I don't have any specific recommendations.
512Ag
AG
You might try Jerry's Artarama off Airport by highland mall.
Chipotlemonger
AG
https://www.austinfastframe.com/
expresswrittenconsent
I've had good luck getting larger items like art prints or posters frame/matt/etc at both Michael's and hobby lobby. I have also used framebridge.com that advertises on lots of podcasts. All 3 did a pretty good job and the turnaround was always about 2 weeks or so. I preferred dealing with HL more than Michael's because Michael's always tried to upsell by 3x. Both will have a 50% off type coupon that you think is gonna cut the price in half but it will only apply to the glass or the frame or the matt board, so the coupon doesn't really save much more than 10-15%.
There are lots of local options that I have wanted to try but haven't yet. Jerry's artarama was mentioned above. There are at least 3-4 different "boutique" style ones on burnet road between its end at 40th and a block or so north of 2222.
wargograw
I can get you framed.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Hobby Lobby has crazy sales on framing every other month or so. Look for their coupons online and see what you can get.
Driftwoodtexas
Contessa Art Gallery & Frame
Small shop in central Austin. You'll pay more, but it will get done correctly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.