Austin
Sponsored by

Serene Hills v. Rough Hollow

2,304 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MouthBQ98
El Duke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Potential move to Austin in the next 10 months. We drove through these two neighborhoods and both seemed pretty nice. I'd like to be a little closer to galleria area but any comments on these hoods? Where should we be looking?

Born Maroon
AG
Will you be working in Lakeway or Bee Caves?
If you're commuting into Austin for work, make sure your office will be downtown or South. You don't want to live there and work in North Austin.
Lynch
Serene will have lower hoa dues and maybe lower taxes.

I also agree you should be working south of downtown.
Furlock Bones
AG
my wife and i looked at Rough Hollow before we bought in Circle C. the amenities there are pretty effing sweet. just know that you'll be spending your life in the Lakeway/Bee Caves area. you won't be coming into Austin to do much without planning it ahead of time.

also, i work downtown. it's a minimum 45 closer to an hour door to door to Rough Hollow.
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
rough hollow will have its own elementary school in a couple years

rough hollow has great amenity center, but high $$$ HOA dues - everyone I know over there complains about it - how much do you value a lazy river resort pool?

I like the architecture and homes much better in serene hills - hate the way they clear cut rough hollow

both have nice trails

Commute from either is a wash

I live in old Lakeway and much prefer to those areas, but I understand the appeal.

Did you check out Sweetwater, Falconhead, West Cypress and Alta Vista?
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
If you want to be closer to the galleria and are looking for a master planned community I would check out Alta Vista, Falconhead and Lake Pointe. There is also Ladera which looks like its straight out of suburbun Houston hell architecture and a similar built neighborhood across 71 from Falconhead.

Some nice communities down Hamilton Pool depending on your price point and tolerance for commute.
ATXAdvisor
AG
Lake Trash. Check out Barton Creek West or Senna Hills.
12thMan86
AG
El Duke said:

Potential move to Austin in the next 10 months. We drove through these two neighborhoods and both seemed pretty nice. I'd like to be a little closer to galleria area but any comments on these hoods? Where should we be looking?

Email me at westaustinrealestate@austin.rr.com if you need any help. Lived in Lakeway 15 years and Austin for 20.
MouthBQ98
AG
Sounds like the name of a bad pR0n movie. Serene Hills vs Rough Hollow.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.