Austin
Sponsored by

Looking for small town outside Austin

4,157 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by fig96
agmom95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He mentioned living right across the Austin city limit border. A lot of the 'Cedar Park' area that would be around that city limit border is 183/620, Anderson Mill, etc. and that traffic can get really crappy compared to North Cedar Park. Maybe that is what he is referring to?
Complete Idiot
fig96 said:

Complete Idiot said:

fig96 said:

Hyperbole is not your strong suit.
Maybe not but it was fun to dissect. You had a chance for an out or explanation but kind of doubled down with the "every day for 15 months".
You're trying to win an argument I'm not making.

I live out there and can't imagine how remote someone would need to be if they find that chaotic, which was the somewhat tongue in cheek point of my post.

But if someone is looking for something else or finds some odd satisfaction in demographic analysis, knock yourself out.

Well, youre making the argument he can't find something less chaotic than Cedar park within an hour of the arboretum. You say it was hyperbole and tongue in cheek but have restated your belief/argument/whatever in three separate posts. The word chaotic seems to have hung you up, so we can strike that variable. The other two he mentioned were traffic and population so I bet we can agree - actually agreeing doesn't matter with facts but anyway - that the cities he mentioned have less traffic and population than Cedar park. Chaos may be a state of mind and those who find thorn dale and Cedar park as chaotically equal have no need to move. It seems the original poster has a different experience. His saying Cedar park is too busy for his goals isn't an attack on Cedar park. You can say it's calm and laid back but the traffic counts on 620, 183, 183A, Parmer, 1431, and even Lakeline are pretty impressively high - and getting worse as Leander and further out builds up. And as they build up the one hour commute circle around the arboretum area gets smaller and smaller. In fact having said that, and knowing schools are a factor, I might look along 183 - to take advantage of toll road commute as much as possible - and find the northern edge of the liberty hill school district. I guess Briggs would be too far out?
docb
AG
I was thinking maybe Briggs or Walburg? Don't know anything about the schools but I'd guess they'd be a step down from Cedar Park schools. There is land available closer in. I live on 6 acres in Leander and don't feel boxed up. All my immediate neighbors have 5+ acres. Lot's of wildlife still around us.
BenFiasco14
AG
For those of you throwing out towns like Lexington and Thorndale... in what world is that "an hour away" from The arboretum??
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
wadd96
AG
In the world that i drive to Thorndale weekly. It's 35 minutes from the Dell campus. It's only 15 minutes from Dell to the Arboretum. So there is actually 10 minutes to spare.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
BenFiasco14
AG
wadd96 said:

In the world that i drive to Thorndale weekly. It's 35 minutes from the Dell campus. It's only 15 minutes from Dell to the Arboretum. So there is actually 10 minutes to spare.

Wow, that's shocking to me. I'm assuming you're driving this not at rush hour times?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
wadd96
AG
I've driven it at all hours of the day... in fact, there are days I have had to run out to Thorndale in the morning to feed cows... I've left the house at 6:00 and driven out, fed cows, and was back at the office by 7:45...(oh, and we are actually 6 miles south of Thorndale...)
AggieOO
taking the toll road(s) to the arboretum, i doubt it even takes 15 mins from Dell campus.

I'm at 620(45)/183 and its 9 minutes door to door from home to dell using the toll road when I have to go to HQ.
wadd96
AG
AggieOO said:

taking the toll road(s) to the arboretum, i doubt it even takes 15 mins from Dell campus.

I'm at 620(45)/183 and its 9 minutes door to door from home to dell using the toll road when I have to go to HQ.
I was including time to get off MoPac and get to endpoint within the Arboretum...
Mike Winchell
AG
fig96 said:

Complete Idiot said:

fig96 said:

Maybe not but it was fun to dissect. You had a chance for an out or explanation but kind of doubled down with the "every day for 15 months".

I live out there and can't imagine how remote someone would need to be if they find that chaotic, which was the somewhat tongue in cheek point of my post.

But if someone is looking for something else or finds some odd satisfaction in demographic analysis, knock yourself out.

Fig96 is a city boy
fig96
AG
Mike Winchell said:

fig96 said:

Complete Idiot said:

fig96 said:

Fig96 is a city boy
Yup, hence why I've chosen the Cedar Park metroplex

I prefer somewhere in between actually, away from the traffic but close enough to good coffee and restaurants.

Like I said, to each their own.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.